35. [LUCE blacked out!]

Galactic Headquarters is in disarray.

"A mere child leaves you so helpless, Saturn," Cyrus speaks, grimly. "I am very disappointed in you."

Saturn looks down.

He's terrified.

"I left you with a simple job— to watch the base, while I was gone," Cyrus says. Cyrus turns back, and glances at Saturn, so deeply miserable, so disgusted. "It is a job even an untrained Houndour may handle."

And he walks on forward.

"Don't mess up again. We're at a rather important time in our plans."

-

Fantina finds Maylene throwing herself into efforts to calm the city. The earthquake didn't cause any casualties, but a large amount of the landscape was unearthed and many buildings had been shifted. Glass had shattered, lights and signs fallen to leave the town in a horrible mess. The Pokemon were unsettled, and in many buildings it was still too dangerous to turn on the electricity until the workers gave the all clear.

A harsh contrast to the merriment brought by the Contest.

"I'll be fine down here," Roark speaks through the Poketch's communicator, "just be extra careful that nothing live comes through any unstable footing. The ground's not in good condition, I'll need to borrow some Onix."

"Got it," Maylene says. "Stay safe."

With the help of Rock and Ground Pokemon, they should be able to get the city back in livable condition by the evening.

"There are so many League members here," Fantina sighs, "Don't you think it's the perfect time to take a break, Maylene dear?"

Maylene walks right past her.

"Later."

And then, back to work.

Fantina sighs.

-

If there's anything Luce is vividly aware of, it's the fact that he may never be able to forgive Saturn for any of this.

Luckily, it seems he was stabilised quickly, and Chansey and Medicham had everything under control.

Except, Luce had nothing under control. Something called 'inner patience' was at the peak of its temperature limit and honestly Luce hadn't had the chance to go fuck feral enough.

Seriously, who bashes a kid over the head with a baseball bat? That fucker didn't even hesitate! What if he'd lost another vital sense? Barry would sue for way less than that and Luce honestly thinks even a million bucks of compensation would leave him short of change.