32. [Here, take some coins!]

"The Underground is still rather hectic right now, so I recommend if you want to send something down Diglett Delivery, you do it a little later."

Luce nods at that.

Lopunny plays with the blue scarf, rolling around in it, trying to figure out the best way to arrange the other healing items and souvenirs into the box.

Luce sighs, stretching out his leg with the edge of the bedframe, testing his recovery. Nurse Joy said Chansey gave him the okay for activity again, but the repeated injuries aren't going to bode well for his general physical state if he doesn't get some regular workout in. That sucks.

He heaves as he stretches out fully, bending down, catching the sight of Duskull rolling in the air, presumably trying to get to the same angle.

"Honestly, I'd say you're better off doing some Yoga!" says a Karate Girl, whose arm is in a cast. It's mostly the injured or older visitors assigned to the first floor, so Luce is honestly relieved he didn't have to climb stairs today.

Luce grimaces. He hasn't had to do that in a long time (his mother used to be obsessed) and he really isn't looking forward to starting again.

Luce straightens, stretching his arms to hear a satisfying pop in his shoulder. Duskull tries in vain to pull his appendages around and achieve the same results, but alas, spectral abominations do not have joints.

His imitation game ends there, and he plunges into the bedding, right beside Psyduck.

Psyduck's upside down with her face stuffed between the pillows, and Lopunny is looking at the other new jackets and foodstuff they've bought, organising them into care packages. She'd even laid out the cute cyber jacket for herself and Luce that they were planning to use for Contests.

"You're on your pilgrimage, eh, kid? Veilstone's just the best stop to send souvenirs home!" a Veteran chuckles, "it's a good thing you're so thoughtful, kid. I remember when I was on my pilgrimage..."

"Old Man, don't get started now!" an Ace Trainer on a wheelchair sighs, "you start reminiscing, everyone's going to start, and we'll never get any sleep."

The Veteran laughs fondly. "You have a point! Do you have your courtesy name yet, young Luce?"

Luce blinks at that.

Courtesy name...

"Wha— old man, you can't just ask for the courtesy name of a young trainer before they finish their pilgrimage!" a Gentleman says, appalled. "If a Veteran's asking, he can't refuse, you know?"

"Yeah, he's such a good boy he'll be too polite to say no."

The Veteran laughs warmly. "I'm curious!"

"It's okay, Luce, we'll refuse on your behalf, just keep it to yourself," the Ace Trainer assures, "courtesy names are only for official records, and for life partners."