Sonder...search it

A few minutes earlier in Naruto's mind...

"Now shut up before I kill you with my own hands." Menma then slowly disappeared as he took over Naruto's body, leaving Naruto and Kurama alone. She was ticked off at Menma's comment but even more ticked off that Naruto was just allowing things to happen.

"Oi kit, do you plan on staying here, or do you want save yourself from a gruesome death at the hands of...well two monsters" There were two monsters in this current situation Menma and Orochimaru either one would kill Naruto eventually. 

 "It's not like I want to be here you know" Naruto replied a little quiet averting his eyes from hers. 

"I never wanted this to happen, this wasn't supposed to happen. I just want everything to go back to normal -tebayo" Naruto was sitting down in the now ankle-length water burying his face in his knees trying to escape into nothingness, an endless abyss. As he looked back up a few moments later he was met with an odd smile from Kurama who was staring out in space, he was very confused as to why, and was offended by this. Was Kurama actually enjoying this? Was all that talk back in Konoha and what she said just now a lie? Did he finally reach the point that even Kurama was approving of this? "What's with that look?"

"You're smiling, why?"He stuttered before continuing  "Why haven't you done anything? Do you actually want this to happen?" Naruto said with a little more force than intended.

"I'm smiling, because it's been a long time since you said that annoying word. I don't know if it means you're finally willing to break out of this hellhole or whether it's just a habit" Naruto wasn't aware of this, he was probably so used to screaming and yelling the past few days he forgot how much he used to say "dattebayo", preaching about being the Hokage. heh sounds like such a long time ago now that he properly thinks about it. 

"You obviously don't want to be here, so try harder kit, you'll regret it if not" Naruto was fully aware that he wanted to get out badly but was too weak to really confront Menma right now. He was tortured for days on end never getting a break with constant strains to his body, not exactly wise to fight a very powerful enemy created from your own hate when you can barely stand up now is it?

"Kurama?" She eyed Naruto with curiosity but was attentively listening.

"Do they even know I'm gone?" Naruto's question resonated deep within the cage. Not just because of the silence but because of the hard truth that almost a week has passed......      .........and no one has come.

"I think that deep down if you still think life's worth living, you know the answer to that, you're in pain. What you lost, is the same thing that can stop that pain" Naruto pondered this thought, he wasn't quite sure how to react to this for he wasn't even sure what Kurama even meant.

What I lost.....

At this moment the water began to violently tremble and rise to the ceiling almost drowning him in his thoughts.

Meanwhile back in Konohagakure...

Shikamaru was strolling around the village when he suddenly remembered that Tsunade-sama had ordered him to once again tell Naruto to see her. It was bothersome to do it every day for the past week when it was obvious Naruto didn't seem to want to come out of his apartment however he didn't have much of a choice. As he walked towards Naruto's house he passed Sakura's house who you can tell was having a disagreement with her parents which bothered him greatly since it was so loud it disturbed everyone in the area. Sakura came running out of the house slamming the door on her way out to find a lazy Shikamaru outside.