I'm far from saving

"NARUTO!"

Naruto heard a voice call his name which made him stop his movements entirely. It was very familiar, he knew the voice but could not pin-point who it was. As soon as he noticed Menma was gone, he found himself back in front of Kyuubi's cage. 

"What just happened?" Kurama smirked at him looking very pleased.

"They came." 

"They? Who's they? You don't mean Orochimaru and Sasuke?"

"No idiot, your friends. They came."

Some time before with Sasuke and Menma...

"It's only a matter of time Sasuke! You can't hide forever ahahah!"

Sasuke's chest heaved and the sweat trickled down his forehead. He didn't know how long he could evade menma's attacks with the little chakra he had left... His body could not match the timings of a counterattack even with his Sharingan and it seemed that Menma only became stronger rather than weaker over time.

"Hn, how the hell did you get so strong? It hasn't even been a month, even if you trained all day and all night you couldn't get this strong this quick"

"My my aren't you curious? I could say...but it'd be better to let you figure that one out" Even though Sasuke couldn't see anything he could tell Menma was smirking probably laughing internally at his cluelessness. 

Menma's power grew the more Naruto gave into his emotions of despair and misery, but if Naruto continued to resist there would always be a limit to his power. The gas was clearing, making Menma shake with excitement while Sasuke quickly wiped his sweat and rolled some paper bombs on his kunai.

He knew that without his curse mark, he did not stand a chance however he also couldn't carelessly use it either since he hasn't gained full control of it yet. Before Naruto had shown up, Orochimaru had trained him to control and extend the length of time he can use the curse mark before his body begins to ache in pain. 

He prepared to attack and keep his opponent occupied until he could figure out the best time to release his true power. When there was no trace left of the gas Menma made his move. 

"Come at me you coward!" His quick and sharp movements mimicked the sound of a sword sheathing as he avoided all of Sasuke's kunai until he noticed the last one thrown had a paper bomb entangled in it. Menma cursed quietly, unable to dodge the blast. He attempted to protect his face with his arms but failed and was shot into the wall creating a dent. 

"Hn, you may be strong but you're still dense as ever" As the dust cleared Sasuke could just about see an outline of a figure standing tall. 

"HAHAH, are you afraid of me? You don't seem to want me near you" As Menma slowly walked out into the open air Sasuke noticed he didn't even have a scratch on his body. He quickly found out that the nine's tails cloak did more than just increase attack. It could also protect the owner from bodily harm. One of his tails appeared out of the smoke slithering on the left side of him, the second tail on the right.

"You are truly..." Sasuke could see his third tail hover above his head causing a shadow to loom over Menma's face that only made his eye look all the more demonic as he looked deep into his soul.

"WEAK" He bared his fangs and his red eye glowed in the darkness that covered his face. He went on all fours creating scorch marks on the floor as his sharp movements began again.

"FIRE STYLE: FIREBALL JUSTU" Sasuke aimed his fire in a zig-zag but horizontal line attempting to slow down Menma's momentum, instead he jumped up avoiding it all now gaining an advantage in the air. Sasuke's sweat shimmering in the light as he tried to find Menma's blind spot as quickly as he could. When Menma came close enough he reached his arm out to grab him. He was so close you could clearly see Menma's insane sadistic smile, widened blood thirsty eye itching to kill, his tortured and roughned body painted with bruises and cuts. It was at that moment, however, that Sasuke had swiftly avoided his reach escaping by sliding underneath him. It was almost in slow motion they exchanged looks, Sasuke grinned whereas Menma was pissed narrowing his eyes angrily.