Almost there

Hinata and Neji arrived back at the Hyuuga household to gather their things and meet at the main gate. Hanabi was training with her father when she noticed Hinata run past the training doors making her lose focus, causing Hiashi to attack during that moment. As he straightened himself he demanding an explanation as to why she lost focus. Hanabi quickly got up, bowed to her father, then explained how she saw her older sister run towards her quarters. Hiashi lectured her saying that she must never lose focus during a battle or else it can ruin the mission and leave her open to enemy attack. She nodded then activated her byakugan again only for her father to shake his head to end their session, they both bowed to each other and Hiashi left first towards Hinata's room.

Hinata had finally finished packing her ninja items when she looked up at her clock to realize she had 5 minutes until she was to meet up at the main gate with her other friends. She quickly rushed out of her room and turned a corner to find her father standing in front of her and almost bumped into him. He looked at her with his white, empty eyes with a serious expression that made Hinata gulp,

"F-Father." Hiashi looked up at the sky, seeing it was a clear night sky that you could even see stars. He looked back at her and asked,

"It is very late for such a young lady as yourself to be training now. You left this afternoon without a word, thankfully one of the servants informed me of your absence, or else I would have gone looking for you. What is the meaning of such late hour training?"

"F-Father I-I have a mission to go t-to now." Hinata replied with confidence. 

"A mission at this hour?"

"It's very important f-father!" Hinata sounded as if she was going to scream which astounded him, but instead of questioning further he moved out of the way letting Hinata past but said his last words in a loud whisper clear enough for her to hear.

"Do not be a burden to your friends on this mission." Hinata already knew this but believed that she had grown from the last time her father had seen her train, she then ran out of the Hyuuga household and headed to the main gate.

At the main gates...

Hinata arrived just in time apologizing for her lateness to everyone but Shikamaru simply said it was nothing to worry about. Now that everyone was assembled Shikamaru held out a map as he began to explain the mission details,

"OK so firstly we are heading to an area that is just outside the borders of the Hidden sound village. This means that we will not get into trouble for trespassing since it is still in the Land of Fire however we still have to be careful because if we attract too much attention it won't end well with the two villages." Shikamaru rolled up the map and stored it back inside his pocket "before we leave I need to check what ninja tools we have with us" Everyone then took out their ninja tools and showed them to Shikamaru in a circle like manner.

"Lastly before I forget let me show you our formation" Shikamaru took out a small drawing which showed their placement

the drawing:

Kiba & Akamaru - (guide)

Hinata - (Front scout and attack)

Shikamaru - (Perimeter defence)

Choji - (Back up attacker)

Neji - ( Back Scout)

"Alright if there are no questions then let's go!"

"Hai" They all said in unison before proceeding out the gates finally making their way to save Naruto. 

One day later...