Part 1: El dios

So if you read that last chapter before I got rid of it, I assume you know what's going down, I'm going to be rewriting the chapters, change some things I just didn't like, overall, it's still gonna be the same story though.

As he lay dying on that forsaken boardwalk, only populated by stiff icy corpses scattered around haphazardly, Ein clung as hard as he could to stay alive. Blood rushed from him rapidly, pooling around him. His fingertips trembled, bathed in his blood, slowly losing all heat as he tried his best to shield the gash in his chest. He screamed in agony, "Help me!" a bloodied gargle spilled over his lips and down his cheeks. He reached an arm out toward the sky, it immediately fell back to his side limply.

Hurried  footsteps rushed toward him, "Ein?" A familiar voice called out as it rushed toward him, Zack, his father, quickly rushed into his vision, Zack knelt beside him, "Ein!" cautiously, he took Ein's hand in his, "I-I... I'm so sorry" he winced.

He weakly squeezed Zack's hand, "No you're not," tears trickled from his eyes, gazing into his father's soul. "I can tell you don't mean it." He coughed harshly, blood spraying onto the wooden planks beneath them.

"N-no. No. I shouldn't have let this happen, I shouldn't have given you that potion, I should have told Micheal..."

He slowly rolled his head glancing up at the stars, "H-help m-me." he trembled, rubbing Zack's warm hands.

"I-I'm sorry Ein... I can't..." he gulped harshly, gripping tightly onto Ein's hand. "-I'd need a full team of medical professionals to help you."

He chuckled amusedly "I never thought this is how it'd end."

"I'll be here with you until you pass."

With pained eyes, he faced Zack, "Why didn't you ever love me the way you loved Aph?"

He leaned closely into Ein's ear, "I hated the monster I created."

Tears clouded Ein's eyes so he shut them instead, waiting for the impending nothingness to take over. "I deserve this," he muttered laboriously with his final breath.

Slowly the wooden floor beneath him began to feel different, no longer splintering wood, instead frosty polished stone, cold to the touch. He opened his eyes to blindingly white light. He waited patiently for Michael to force him up, but nothing happened, he only laid on the floor. Slowly, he raised his hand over his eyes; he jumped. "What happened, why can I..."

Shakily, he stood up, gasping for as much air as his poor lungs could manage. Just in his peripheral, a green blob came into vision. He looked at the blob as it came into focus, a perfect replica of himself in all green, the same scars dotted his face, the same old clothes draped over his body, and the same unkempt black hair draped around his head... but those emerald eyes glimmered with malice, cockily staring back at himself. "Congratulations, I hope that was worth it?"

Ein smirked, "Without a doubt."

"So... you'd really rather have died than let me take revenge on Aaron?"

"He didn't deserve your revenge... it wasn't even his fault he ended up in that position!"

"That's your opinion," he scoffed.

"No, I should have fought you back when I still had a chance."

"We could have had Aphmau had it not been for Aaron!"

"Do you think I wanted that? he yelled, "She was our sister, and now she's dead because of you!"

"...Because of us"

"Shut the hell up, I'm done with your bullshit,  princess incest!"

a man stared patiently at the two, cloaked in black, embellished with red and silver. His face hid partially beneath his hood, only showing the lower half of his face. Behind him stood the room's only feature, a door, decorated with ancient symbols and lined with various pentagrams.

"Welcome," he started, lightly chuckling to himself, "I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of splitting you two apart, It doesn't do either of you any justice for your crimes," he glanced at mirror Ein, Ein followed. Gazing back into those piercing emerald eyes, he didn't budge, the man glared intensely at him.

Ein turned back to the cloaked man, "So... I'm obviously dead, but where are we?"

"To put it simply, this is a world between life and death... a room made for judging every soul that passes through here."

"Nice going," Potion Ein started, "You just had to save Aaron."

"He may hate me... but as his would-be brother-in-law... I refuse to be the one to pull the trigger on him."

He scoffed, "So selfless, and look where that got you."

"If you honestly thought we had a chance at defeating him, you're an idiot. it's obvious Michael wanted us to die, You're just too blind to see it."

"So what-"

"Quiet!" Ein yelled. Sighing, he turned back to the cloaked man, "So... are you some sort of god or something?"

"There are no gods, I've had my time long ago, just as everyone has. Long ago I was referred to as Shad, now I only judge those heinous enough to end up in my little parlor."

"So... Shad... the destroyer?"

"Previously, yes."

"Neat," Potion Ein chuckled.

"As much as I hate this, I've been ordered to revive you, and only you..."

"What about me?" Potion Ein furrowed his brow.

"You're staying with me."

"But I-"

"You aren't an actual person. Now get walking!" he pointed at the door behind him.

"Ugh... fine," he ambled through the door, erupting into a cloud of green smoke as he reached the other side.

"So... revival?"

"I'm going to warn you, you're going to hurt. Your heart's currently pumping new blood into your body and a large scab's forming over the gash to keep in all that blood, all we need is your soul," his deep husky voice echoed off the walls.

"Thank you... for this"

"Good luck..."

"One last thing... tell Blaze and Aph 'I'm sorry."

" I'd hardly say that's necessary."

Before Ein could respond, his vision was overtaken by a blindingly bright wight.