Part 3: La hermana

He sighed, So... this is it, he thought, I'm about to see her again... this is going to be a disaster." He continued walking down the hospital hallway. What will she say? He thought as he neared her door. He took a deep breath, slowly he peeped inward. Aph sat up, facing a small TV on the opposite wall, clearly not entirely invested in whatever she was watching.

He stepped a single foot into the doorway, "Hey," he muttered, just catching her attention.

She nearly fell out of her bed, "Ein!" she growled. her heartrate monitor beside her sparked, beeping just more aggressively than before. 

"Wait, wait, wait..." he jumped back, "It's not what you think."

"As if I'd believe a word you say.'

"I'm not going to hurt you, you have my word, I only wanna talk."

"Speak," she gritted her teeth.

"So... this is going to take some explaining, get comfortable. Where to start? ...Have you ever met your father?"

She furrowed her brow, "Only earlier today, why?" she still bared her teeth.

"Your father, Zack," he rolled his eyes, "Cheated on your mom a long time ago."

"I know."

"Did you know he had another child?" he took one more step forward, allowing the door behind him to shut.

"I did," she spoke curtly.

"Well, that other kid was me."

"So you wanted to marry your half-sister?" she raised an eyebrow.

"N-no, not me. I didn't want to. Micheal wanted me to. At a very young age, I was given an FP that'd one day allow Micheal to control my body however he pleased, whenever he pleased. But the thing is, Aaron killed me. One creepy cloaked guy later and I've been revived. He removed the potions, all of them from my body. Even if Micheal were still alive, he couldn't take over. So yeah. I just wanted to say sorry for trying to kill you." He chuckled awkwardly.

"You're gonna have to work for my forgiveness if you're telling the truth. If you're not, then I won't spare your life. I'll make sure you feel a kind of pain you've never felt before in your life. You too will know desperation and pain as I do.

 he gulped"U-understood," he saluted. 

"So... How'd he kill you?"

"W-what?" he stumbled back into the door, covering his chest with his hand. "I beg your parson?"

"I wanna know how he gutted you. don't spare the gory details."

"What the fuck?" he pressed himself firmly against the door. "Why do you wanna know that?"

"Closure."

"H-he... In Ultima form, he and I faced off. He pounced on me and dug his claw into my chest. After Katelyn and Garroth neutralized him, they left me to die. After a few minutes, I bled out in Zack's arms. that's really there's all to tell," he shrugged his shoulders.

"I was kinda hoping for something more gruesome... but I don't think you'd be standing here if it were." She cocked her head, "Show me your scar."

"How do you know I even have one?"

"Because I do too, it may be magic but it's not perfect."

"Fine," he lowered the collar of his newly purchased novelty Starlight t-shirt. "Happy?"

"Come here?"

"Why?" one of his ears doubled over as he cocked his head.

"Just do it."

He took a few steps forward, removing his shirt completely. As he walked, a ball of dread settled in his stomach, gnawing at his insides. "You're not gonna stab me or something, right?"

"No."

"A-alright," he took a few more steps forward, nervously waiting. 

She glided a finger across the scar, gently pressing it. "Damn, he really got you, didn't he?" she pressed slightly hardly.

"Fuck!" he recoiled, covering his scar with both arms, "Don't do that." He sighed, "I-I just wish the others didn't have to pay for me. Poor Blaze and the others are gone... and there's nothing we can do about it."

"B-Blaze is d-dead?"

"I-he... the potion forced him to attack Aaron... so he had to cut him down. Cruel, isn't it?"

"B-Blaze..." she frowned, "Please, just go, I don't want to talk anymore."

"As you wish."