Part 14: Recuerdos Dolorosos

Ein curled up to Aaron's chest, basking in his warmth, the faint smell of his body wash emanated off him. Gently trailing his hand under Aaron's chin. Stubble scratched against his fingertips. He smirked, dragging his finger back and forth. Carefully, he straddled Aaron's legs, patiently lowering himself until his head rested comfortably on Aaron's chest. The semi-aggressive thumps of Aaron's heart filled his ears. The steady rise of his gut into Ein's with each passing breath. He nuzzled his head into place, shutting his eyes once more.

 Aaron smirked as he gazed down at Ein's smiling face, even though he couldn't see it, he could tell he was happy. Ein didn't know he was awake. before Ein knew it, Aaron's arms aggressively grasped around him, cradling him in a bear hug. 

The two smiled, laughed, and cuddled, bodies pressed against each other. "Ein," he giggled, pressing their noses together, "I love you," he smiled. their lips connected, endless joy filled his stomach, lifting him so much higher than he'd ever been.

And then he woke up, cold black night enveloped around him. A ball of dread stole the place of his momentary euphoria. he glanced over to Aaron's side of the bed, empty, replaced by a single shirt draped over the side of the bed. He leaned over, grasping it. Still warm. He smiled, bringing it close to his chest. It smelled strongly of Aaron. One brief thought later led to him wearing the shirt. Aaron's favorite color, red. it enveloped him. After all, Aaron was bigger. 

Cold vinyl wood flooring beneath his feet, he walked toward his window, leaning against the window sill. pitch-black skies. street lamps lined the roads 14 stories below them. 

He sighed, leaving the room. There, standing over a dog food bowl, stood Aaron, he frowned, placing the bag of kibble on the counter. He leaned over it, clasping his hands to his face. Slowly, EIn walked toward, "Couldn't sleep?"

He jumped, "My Irene, you scared me."

"S-sorry," he chuckled, playfully punching Aaron in the shoulder, "Come on, tell me what's wrong."

"I just... couldn't sleep."

"Come on," he sat atop the counter, kicking his legs rhythmically, "Tell me what's up?"

"It's just... I was thinking about Aph..."

he stopped kicking his legs, glaring briefly at the mental image of her, "Aaron, she chose her side, she chose Garroth."

"I know... it's just... I loved her..."

"I know you did, I'm sorry Aaron, but she decided she didn't. It's best to just move on from her," he sighed, "Move on to something better... someone better, someone who cares about you. See's you for you, and cares for you..."

"I can't help it, Ein, believe me, I want to move on, but I spent nearly two decades with her, just her, I waited for so long to be with her, I can't just let it go... I spent the better part of my life thinking about her... now she's gone and I'm left just feeling betrayed."

"A-Aaron," he mumbled, "Come here," he patted the tiles between his legs. Aaron obliged, standing between them, staring up at him, "I care about you, and no matter what I'm here for you. If you ever need someone to show you that you're cared for, I'll be right here."

"Ein..."

He sighed, leaning over Aaron, he smirked, gliding his hand down Aaron's cheek. He closed his eyes, concentrating on the few scars that lined his face. Carefully concentrating on removing them. Slowly, the pigments darkened, blending into the rest of his flesh. He collapsed into Aaron's arms, resting his head on Aaron's shoulder. "I-I... I'll always be here for you... C-could you... c-carry me to bed, I d-don't think I can do it on m-my own"

"S-sure?" he whispered, cradling Ein softly. 

So...sorry this is so short... not really, meh, night bitches. 

... here, have some Hall and Oates