Hard at Work

published: 17/02/21 | words: 2800 | status: unedited

A/N - Hi! Enjoy this chapter my chirren.

┌─────────────────┐

-ˋˏHard at Workˎˊ-

└─────────────────┘

Lyra was hard at work tapping away at her laptop, sat in the small café in the centre of London about 10 minutes from her small house. Dressed in her black jeans and plain white t-shirt she also adorned her black boots, grey beanie. Her light blew denim jacket was placed over the back of her chair.

Although her TARDIS was long dead, she still stored many useful items inside of it. For one she recently rediscovered her old psychic paper which she found could come in very handy when faced with tricky situations.

Personally Lyra much preferred creating her own fake identities rather than rely on her psychic paper. She found it to be tedious when encountering those who could see through it. With fake identities she could rely on them, especially those she made herself. Her computer skills unparalleled by any of her other skills, in fact her people skills were absolutely dire.

She had been sat in that café for a few hours now, working away, finding all that she could about Cybus Industries and Vitex. Lumic owned nearly everything but that Pete Tyler seemed just as mixed in. She'd been investigating the whole situation for around 2 years and yet everything was kept viciously under wraps.

Since she had decided to help, she found that humans could be the most stubborn creatures. Constantly denying the obvious, even after she helped those in sticky not so normal situations, only very few accepted what happened to be true.

One human had accepted the truly bizarre and promptly decided he would keep the begruntled lonesome Time Lady company. And although she would hesitate to admit it, she rather enjoyed the young human's company.

His name was Noah, he was the people person of the two and he and Lyra had become inseparable, nearly always seen together. Noah came from a rough background, his mother had left when he was young, his father tried his best but in the end it was not enough and Noah was placed into foster care.

Noah and Lyra had met a year prior whilst dealing with a nasty infestation of weevils, a species with great savage teeth occasionally attacking humans, in lower London in which Lyra had saved Noah's life and told him to leave as fast as he could. Opposing her words Noah had stayed and in the end saved Lyra from an impromptu regeneration when a weevil had took her by surprise.

It was at that point that he decided he would stay with Lyra and make sure she didn't do anything to stupid to get herself killed. Over the year they had known each other they had grown quite close, considering each other as best friends.

Even so, Lyra had not told Noah the entire truth of herself. He knew she was just passing through when she became trapped here. He had also guessed that she wasn't quite human. He still didn't know the full truth of it however he trusted Whisp with his life and she hadn't failed him thus far. He only hoped she'd tell him eventually.

The scraping of a chair alerted Lyra of another presence at the table and she looked up, tucking a strand of her black hair behind her ear.