The Rise of the Cybermen - Part 2

published: 26/2/21 | words: 2900 | status: unedited

┌─────────────────┐

-ˋˏThe Rise of the Cybermen - 2ˎˊ-

└─────────────────┘

Lyra had spent the entirety of her time in the office upstairs. She had watched to the end of the video recognising it as cyber equipment she was now using their code to see if she could devise something clever. Clever and fast.

Similarly, Noah had remained in the main room even after he had seen the Doctor take off towards one door in glee and Rose walk off after his world's Jackie Tyler. He thought it likely not a good idea for Rose to talk to Jackie but Noah couldn't voice his concerns, he barely knew her after all.

Noah was stood off to the side observing everyone from afar although he couldn't say it was producing any useful results. All the time he had been watching no one had done anything remotely interesting, in all honesty he had been amusing himself by eating a few to many of the small bites that the waiters brought passed every few minutes.

It was as he was taking another one of the bites that he saw Rose rush into the room looking for someone, likely the Doctor. Although when Rose's eyes couldn't spot the Doctor, she began to make her way over towards Noah spotting the Doctor enter the room when she was halfway there. When Rose reached Noah, she grabbed his arm, the one holding his snack, and pulled him towards the Doctor converging on the window all three peering outside.

Noah's eyes widen seeing the many metal men lined up marching towards the house.

"It's happening again." The Doctor said, a grim look on his face.

"What? What's happening?" Noah asked almost at the same time that Rose asked. "What do you mean?"

"I've seen them before." The Doctor answered, his face pressed against the window trying to get a clearer look, but his breath had begun to steam up the window.

"What are they?" Rose asked looking at the Doctor whilst Noah went back to looking outside trying to see through the darkness.

"Cybermen." The Doctor answered solemnly and as if on cue the French windows on the other side of the wall smashed and all the guest turned to look at the windows only to see a Cyberman from each window step inside with mechanical noises sounding out from each step.

Other Cybermen entered through the main entrance and marched through the house converging on the guests including Noah, the Doctor and Rose leaving them surrounded and grouped together in the middle of the room like cattle.

Suddenly the President spoke.

"Mister Lumic." He seemingly greeted likely talking on the phone.

(It's not made clear whether the others can hear what Mr Lumic says as no one seems to react to it so, as in the script it says he's talking on the phone, I am going to assume they can't.)

The President had obviously had some sort of reply as he then said.

"I forbade this."