Seven

'Mila, open up.' Opie's familiar voice sounded on the other side of her bedroom door.

'Just go away. Can't you tell I want to be alone?' Frustrated she asked the rhetorical question.

'Mila. Open the fucking door.' His tone turned stern as she signed and got up to follow his instructions.

Much to her dismay Jax was stood hovering behind Opie at the entrance to her room.

'What?' She had always had such an attitude, since being a little girl.

'What? Are you gonna stay in here like a little hobbit forever now?' Jax unhelpfully asked.

'I want to speak to my mum.' Both boys huffed at her request. She knew it was a long shot.

'As if dad would ever let you do that. He doesn't even know how she got here in the first place.'

Everyone in charming knew of Tasha and she wasn't fondly looked upon by anyone. Everyone knew her drug use and the trouble she caused. Mila would of often been embarrassed as a child when she turned up at the school gates asking her 12 year old daughter for a hit. But each time she came back Mila's hope resurfaced. That maybe she could have a proper relationship with a responsible mother.

'Just forget her Mila, it's not worth it.' Opie warned his younger sister eager for her to move on from her mother's visit.

And she tried, for the next week she avoided all conversation about her estranged mum. She continued with school focused and driven as it would seem. Mila continued to socialise like the social butterfly she was and flourished in the scenes. But in the back of her mind her mother took over every second of thinking. She yearned for that affection she'd been missing.

'Hey.' Sitting down in the almost empty cafe Mila cradled the hot chocolate that had been ordered for her.

'Mila! I'm so glad you came to meet me.' Her mother's voice was timid as she spoke in a hushed tone. 'Does anyone know you came?' She was terrified of being caught by any of her dads associates, knowing it would be bad news for both of them if this happened.

'It's fine. I didn't tell anyone.' Mila reassured the shaky woman before her.

'I've missed you. I just want to be your mother.' Reaching out her own hand she grabbed a hold of Mila's. Her hands were warm and comforting filling the void that Mila had felt for so long. 'I've got a house sorted just out the town. About 30 minutes away Mila. You're welcome to come and join me, I'd actually love it if you could. Just me and you it'd be.'

'What? And you plan on staying clean?' Mila couldn't believe what she was hearing.

'100%. That life is behind me. No more drugs.'

Maybe she was stupid for believing her but she couldn't help herself. But as she sat in her room later that night her legs moved themselves to the attic, her small arms reached up for the suitcase and her body felt inclined to pack her belongings.

There was nothing left for her in charming, she was always an outsider to the club and her studies were close to over, Mila strived for a life with her mother and now she was clean it was the only chance she'd get.

And so the next day they left, Mila left behind her disappointed brother, a confused Jax and a devastated father in the hopes of pursuing a better life for herself.