Four

'Such a trouble maker' Jax chuckled at her as he climbed into the back seats with her attempting to make himself more comfortable.

'Well at least I'm not a liar. Why'd you bail me out back there?' She questioned him as she'd been confused this whole time at why he'd chosen to protect her over telling Opie the truth.

'Well I've seen how hard both your dad and Ope can be on you, and I was doing much worst things at 17 than you do so they should count themselves as lucky'

'Why what were you doing at 17?' Mila began to prise more into his personal life. Even though her brother was best friends with him she rarely got to speak about things like this with him, and she barely saw him alone.

'Girls, drinking, drugs, club and repeat' He began to reminisce about his youth. I'm pretty sure that's all he did now really.

'Why can't I go home Jax?'

He sighed as the conversation took a serious turn. 'You know better than to ask questions which can't be answered M'

'Well you can answer, whatever it is I won't tell anyone.' She slouched in closer to him hoping that it'd convince him to confess.

'It's not about you not telling anyone, it's about you not knowing.' His eyes scanned hers.

'Yeah we'll I'm always kept out the loop, can't know anything.' She peered down at the floor, it was true no one told her a thing about the club and whilst it's all her family revolved around it meant for a lonely life.

'Hey M, it's for your own good. SAMCRO isn't the most ideal life. We all want what's best for you.' With his finger underneath her chin he lifted her head up so they were eye to eye.

Mila took this time to admire the boy before her. His blue eyes dazzled in the sunlight as his pristine long dirt blonde hair flowed. His smirk plastered his lips as it usually did, his signature trademark.

It seemed Jax was admiring her as well as his eyes met with her plump red lips.

'What's wrong with my shirt anyway?' Flirtatiousness danced with his tone.

'Not my colour' Shrugging her shoulders she teased him back.

'Anything would look good on you Mila' A nervous giggle escaped her lips as he spoke, but he was being deadly serious.

Before she could recollect what was happening his lips met hers, moving slowly in sync with her own as they attached.

Once they broke apart Opie was already heading in their direction, eyes fixed to the car. Both seemed in shock at the events that just took place, neither expected that to happen.

'Did he see?' Jax cleared his throat.

'I don't know. I hope not.' Mila knew the drama it would cause if Opie had seen what had happened.

'Right put these on quickly and no more messing about now Miles.' The door swung wide as Opie dropped the clothes on her lap, calling her by the many nicknames she goes by.

'Thank you Ope.'

'Let's go then.' He attempted to pull her out of the car.

'No the whole point of me not leaving the car is so no one sees me in this, I'm getting changed here.' As she spoke she began to pull the jeans over her thin legs. Luckily for him Opie looked away just in time to miss her pulling the shirt over her head and replacing it with one of her own. Jax also opted to look out the window rather than suffer the wrath of Opie if he saw any inch of her.

Satisfied with the new outfit she finally left the car and made her way into the clubhouse with the boys.

'Ahh Mila how are you?' Chibs pulled her into a big hug, alcohol lingering in his breath.

'Hey chibs.' As she greeted the rest of the club members she looked around the place. One passed out woman was sprawled across the fooseball table, clearly intoxicated. A few others were up and giving Mila the filthy looks she had expected, they were all just jealous because she had a proper place in the SAMCRO family and all they were was a quick fuck.

'Wait in Jax's bedroom if you want, away from all these. We're just having a meeting.' Opie guided her down the hall and into the small room. She took a seat on his bed as Opie left her alone with her thoughts.

What the hell just happened?

Her and Jax kissed.

Why?