Six

'Mila you're going to Jax's tonight.'

Jax didn't look too overjoyed with this information but at least he understood why, the confused girl had not the slightest idea of what was happening and why she was forbidden to go to her own home.

'Where's dad?' Her question was ignored as the boys chartered amongst themselves in the front.

Pulling out her phone the bored girl began meaninglessly texting each person in her contacts.

'Get off your phone.' Opie peered at her through the mirrors with a stern look on his face.

'I don't know what this little power trip thing is Opie, but cut it out.' Growing weary of the boys Mila snapped causing Jax to swivel around to face her and snatch the device out of her hands.

Sitting there shocked her mood was now in full swing, refusing to answer back to a word they said or contribute to any conversation.

Once they pulled up onto the drive Mila hurriedly stormed into the house inviting herself in and walking past Gemma, ignoring her calls of welcoming. Slumping onto the couch she turned on the TV hoping to drown out any noise from the others.

Hushed voices were coming from all around the room as eyes stayed on Mila.

'You could all make it a bit less obvious that I'm the main topic of conversation.' The young girl shouted over to them. They were all used to her sass by now as they ignored her.

A knock sounded at the door making everyone's heads snap up with surprise, clearly they weren't expecting anyone. A nosy Mila's head popped up to like a meerkat, she was eager to know a little bit of what was going on.

'Mila sit down.' Piney's voice came out croaky as he ushered his daughter an order.

'What the fuck are you doing here?' Clays voice sounded loudly as he answered the door. Mila's mind raced at 100 miles per hour at who it could possibly be. Couldn't be Brady he had more sense than to turn up at a club house, it would be a suicide mission.

A females voice could be roughly made out. Mila's curiosity got the best of her as she climbed over the back of the sofa and round the corner to take a peek at the door. Her mouth dropped wide has she saw the mystery knocker.

'Mum!' Pushing herself forward she stood before the woman at the door.

'Mila you were told to fucking stay.' Okie sternly pointed out but she took no notice.

'Mila, I've been looking everywhere for you!' Her hair was matted together with dirt and huge black bags fell beneath her eyes. Her arms were exposed by a short sleeved shirt displaying all of her injection marks. Heroin was her choice of drug.

'I'm clean I swear!' Clearly she saw the look om Mila's face.

'You never stay clean Mum.' Mila had heard that line one too many times before.

'This time I am, for you Mila moo. I've come back for you, I want you to live with me.'

All eyes were on Mila as her mum spoke. All her life she'd been messed about by this woman. Often she'd turn up at the door and promise Mila she'd change, and by a few weeks she was back to letting her down.

'Tasha just fuck off will you.' Piney finally spoke. He was much older than Mila's mum, she probably only stayed with him for the drugs and money. She was the type and Mila knew it.

It all made sense now as to why everyone was keeping her away from her own home and off her phone. Tasha had her daughters phone number and every so often would ask for money.

'Well what happened to Jace?' Mila asked about her mother's junkie boyfriend, he was a vile human and treated Mila like dirt whenever she was around.

'We're through. For good. Look this is a better life for us, me and my little girl. My only child. And a mother should be with their child.' She plead her cause.

Sometimes Mila wished she had the same mother as Opie, but she could be equally as disappointing at times. At least she was around 20% of the time. Mila's mum, Natasha, came in phases. You could go 4 years without hearing from her, or she could be pestering her own 17 year old daughter for money every other day.

'I have homework I have to do, sorry.' Storming out of the house Mila began the journey home. Her own home. She didn't want to be around anyone at this moment.

The shock of her mums return stayed with her all day. What if this was the time where it was different? Maybe she could have the relationship with her mum that she'd always craved. Or maybe it was no different and as soon as she's bored Natasha will drop her again for drugs.