Eight

Mila's bag weighed heavily down on her shoulder as she made her way to the car. Climbing into the drivers seat a frustrated groan fell out her lips as she threw her hands onto the steering wheel.

It took a couple of deep breaths for her to regain her composure and begin the drive to her destination.

The familiar blonde locks soon came into sight as Mila parked her vehicle in the car park, the sight of the clubhouse made her reminisce on her teenage years. Jax's face remained stony but his eyes told all, he was surprised to see the girl before him.

'Hey Mila.' Chibs was the first to run up to her and give her a big hug. 'We all missed you.'

It was hard for them too when she left Charming, the all brought her up alongside her dad.

'I missed you too. Do you know where my dad is?'

'No. Are you back for good now?' Jax was straight to the point as he peered at the suitcase trailing behind her petite frame.

'Maybe. I don't know yet.'

A lot had happened since Mila had left all them years ago, she'd grown up and matured.

'Mila! Your dads gonna be so happy to see you!' Clays voice appeared as he exited the building and into the open.

Guilt resounded into her gut, Mila knew she hadn't come and visited her dad half as much as she should of done. He was always calling her up and asking to see her but Mila couldn't bring herself to visit the old town too often.

'Come on, let's get you settled.' Jax guided her into the clubhouse with his hand on the lower half of her back, butterflies taunted her stomach like they had done all those years ago whenever they touched but she shrug them off quickly, that wasn't what she was here for.

The boys called a meeting whilst Mila let herself into Jax's private bedroom. It was littered with papers and pictures everywhere, upon closer inspection Mila noticed it was all of his late father. He used to keep journals and clearly Jax was interested in them now.

Sitting on the worn out bed she felt as she had done all those years, there was the club and then there was her. With a distinct line between the two - never to merge.

Sitting on the bed bored Mila decided to send a text to her brother, he hadn't been in the best of moods with her all these years for leaving but they still communicated from time to time. It'll be nice to see him, she thought.

'Hey Miles, you alright?' Jax finally reappeared again.

'Yeah I know my place, the same one it was nine years ago. But I'm not seventeen anymore Jax, I'm twenty six and I don't need secrets to be kept from me like before.' Hoping her point would come across Jax looked deep into her eyes.

'I'm having a baby.' His words shocked Mila as she gulped and thought of what to say.

'Oh.' Was all she could stifle out.

'You okay?' His eyebrows raised with concern.

'Obviously I am. What? We had one kiss when I was a teenager and you think I'd still be pining after you? Get over yourself Jax.' Playfully slapping his chest as she left the room she chuckled.

But in reality it was kind of a smack in the face, he was having a child with another. As she drove around the town to pass the time her mind drifted to who it possibly could be.

Once Mila moved out of Charming that's when she realised her feelings for her brothers best friend, she had looked at him as so much more. And maybe if she hadn't of left fate would have been different. Life could have been better. But hindsight was a great thing, and stubborn Mila would die before admitting her feelings after leaving.

A ringing sound filled the silent car before Mila realised it was her mobile and answered.

'Hey Ope.'

'Hey M.' The familiar voice warmed her heart. Mila felt tears brew in her eyes as she struggled to get a sentence out.

'Did you wanna meet? You might not want to but I would.'

'Of course I do, meet me at the cafe in 10.' Mila knew which cafe he was talking about, the same one they always went to together when they were young.

Opie sat before her looking much older, it had been a couple of years since she'd seen him now. His beard was trimmed but still looked unkept, his eyes were tired.

'So it didn't work out with your mum?' He approached the touchy subject gently.

'No. I think it was two years before she started using again. And then I moved in with this guy but it never worked out and now here I am. Twenty six years old and having nothing figured out for myself.' Playing with the glass of water infront of her Mila avoided all eye contact. The truth is she was ashamed of what she'd made of her life.

'Dad told me you'd got a degree in beautology, so that's something right?' Opie attempted to build his little sister up, like he always did.

'Oh yeah I can do people's make up and hair, that'll get me far.' Scoffing at her own qualifications it was clear Mila's self esteem had vanished. No longer was she the confident seventeen year old girl.

'You're gonna be okay Mila, I'm here now.' Stroking her little hand with his own huge one he smiled up at her. He was so happy to have her back. 'I can't wait for you to see the kids, they've grown so much.'

Opie was married now to an amazing woman named Donna, and they shared two children together. A boy and a girl. Mila hadn't seen either since they were babies and the thought of seeing them again excited her.

'So how are you and the club now Ope?' Mila broached the difficult topic.

'Well since I've got out I've not made any contact. I promised Donna I'd be earning straight from now. So I'm doing some wood chipping round the corner. It's boring but it's a job.' He spoke with no passion about his new career which made Mila's heart sink, she knew her brother wouldn't be happy in that line of work but he'd do it for Donna.

'I'm sorry I didn't come and see you more, I regret it more than anything.'

Opie didn't respond, simply choosing to nod his head in appreciation. He knew how much he'd tried to get in contact, ringing his sister from prison every single day to only be met with a voicemail tone.

Her father had told her when he was going to prison what it was for. A boxed arson or something along those lines, it became blurry after all the years of blocking it out of her mind. Opie and another member of SAMCRO were revengefully blowing up a truck yard but his partner Kyle left him as soon as the cops came near, leaving Opie to take the full fall and prison term. Mila didn't know what happened to Kyle but she could guess that he wasn't allowed to be patched into the crew anymore.

'Are you staying with dad?' Opie broke her chain of thought.

'It's the only place I've got to go to, I need to find him first.' Piney was known for never really being about, he was always here, there and everywhere sorting club business. As an original founder he took it as his responsibility to be as equally involved as Clay. Even though his health was at its worse.

'I'll let you go find him then, I've got another shift in five so I've gotta dash. I'll come and see you tomorrow okay?' Kissing the top of his sisters forehead he left her alone in the cafe.

Mila couldn't shake the feelings that she'd felt all those years ago. If she was to stay in Charming it was clear she'd need to be in the know of club business or it would never work.