Nine

'Mila! You have no idea how happy I am to see you.' Piney slowly approached his daughter and embraced her lovingly.

'Hey daddy. I missed you.'

Mila noticed his deteriorating health which added to the guilt of why she should've visited more often.

'You're so grown up now, my beautiful daughter.' Holding her cheeks he looked into her eyes with a love that only a father could have. 'Are you staying here?'

'If I can?' Her voice was unsure, she didn't know how much things had really changed around here, he might not want her living with him.

'Of course my girl, you are always welcome. My home is your home. Forever.' The pipe in his nose moved about as he spoke but it didn't seem to bother him.

The two of them caught up on everything, reminiscing on the good memories and laughing together. For the first time Mila was glad to have been back, back home.

'Hey Miles.' The house began to fill up with all of the crew as they made themselves comfortable. 'I'll help you get that upstairs.' Pointing to her luggage he eagerly grasped a hold of it and began up the staircase as Mila followed him.

'Thanks, you can just leave it there.' Pointing to the bed Mila awkwardly watched him.

'Everyone's happy you're back.' Jax said.

'Are you?'

'Of course.'

The room fell silent before Mila decided to ask the dreaded question. 'So, who's the mother? Of your baby...'

'Oh. It's my ex wife. Her names Wendy. She's just some junkie bitch.'

Mila's mouth fell open wide with the word wife. 'Wife! My invite must of been lost in the post then hey?' She was offended that she wasn't invited to the occasion.

'Yeah something like that. We're divorced now anyway.'

'Well thanks for bringing that up.' Walking over to the suitcase Mila pulled out various articles of clothing and hung them in her wardrobe. Mila happily looked around the room, it was still the exact same as when she left, her dad hadn't moved a thing.

'You broke his heart Mila when you left, Opie's too.' Jax didn't take the hint to leave the room.

'But you were fine though. So who cares. As long as Jax teller is okay then the world moves on.' Mila grew frustrated at him.

'What did you want me to do? You chose to leave!' Jax defended himself.

'Yeah well maybe a call would've been nice.' Pushing his chest she moved him out of her way but he grasped a hold of her wrist and turned her back to face him.

'I'm sorry Mila, I should've called or texted. Or something. I wish I did.' He rested his forehead onto her own as neither of them spoke for a moment.

'Go look after your baby momma Jax.' Once again she pushed him away and this time he got the message, leaving her alone to unpack.

Happy laughs could be heard downstairs all night as drunk men partied into the night. Mila covered her ears with a pillow hoping to get atleast an hour of sleep that night. But with Jax on her mind it seemed impossible. Mila wasn't surprised, she couldn't of expected him to wait around. But it would have been nice to feel wanted and needed for once.

Her dad didn't need her, he had the club.
Her brother didn't need her, he had his own family.
Her mother didn't need her, she needed drugs.

A week went by slowly, everyday Opie came to see Mila. Her dad looked after her well and Mila even managed to meet up with some old friends. Jax's baby had been born, Abel. He was born with a heart defect and half a stomach which Jax was finding hard to digest. He was born months prematurely as a result of his mother taking drugs whilst pregnant.

Mila still hadn't had a chance to discuss her being in on clubs business but she'd hoped that this week at some point the conversation would arise.