Chapter 15 (Zelda POV)

As I sat in my cold prison I couldn't think

As I sat in my cold prison I couldn't think. Everything was cold and numb. I didn't even know how much time as past. Until I heard someone walking closer to my door.

"My lovely princess, you will have to stay in there a bit longer. It might get a little noisey upstairs." I heard Kai spoke. I quickly jumped up and ran over to the door looking through the bars. I could see him in his brown coat with purple feathers. His yellow eyes filled with no emotion.

"Kai, please.... Don't do this." I cried out. My voice was still dry and course from screaming all night.

"I'm sorry my darling but I will make sure no one can take you away from me again. I lost you to your father, you ran away from me, and now I'm going to make sure you won't leave me again." He started walking away.

"Kai!" I shouted trying to cry out but no response. Once again the loneliness came creeping in. I paced back and forth. I had to do something. I walked over to the chains to study them. They hung about waist height. I tried pulling on them to see if any of them is loose.

But sadly no anvil. I moved back to the door and checked the window that I was able to see through. It stood about mid chest height to the top of my head. There were four bars lined in a row. I started checking each one to see if any were loose. After checking two of them the third jiggled a little when I pulled on it.

I kept jigging it back and forth then it finally popped out. At first I froze thinking this wasn't gonna work until it finally clicked. I could make this work. I put the bar on the floor and looked at my dress.

As pretty as it was, I was gonna get out of this one way or another. I pulled up the hem of the skirt and used my teeth to start a tear. Once I got it started I ripped it all the way to my knees and ripped a strip off, and then just finished the rest of the skirt.

Once the sound of tearing of faberic stopped I could hear explodes from up stairs. I could feel what felt like a rumbling earth quake through the concrete. My eyes widden as I tried to keep my body balanced but it started to get more violent, making me fall on my butt.

"I have to get out of here!" I shouted at my self. I quickly stood back up and tried to counter act the shaking. I grabbed the bar and the cloth and made my way back to the door. I wrapped the cloth around one bar, and then wrapped it around my loose bar. I started turning it, making the cloth get tighter, and tighter around the metal bar.

Soon I was hearing a creek. Either it was bending slightly under the pressure or it was cracking. My heart was pumping, and my hands were sweaty. I yanked on the bar and finally the one that I was trying to break finally bent and fell out of the holders.

I smiled I was proud of my self, but it quickly disappeared when I heard gun shots echo through the halls. Oh Shit! I really need to get out of here! I quickly had to unravel the cloth to start on the next bar.