Chapter 8: Blindness Or Ignorance

City Streets: Capital

Running through the streets of the Capitol, we find a scrawny guy pushing people out of his way in a panic. He is running as fast as he can, ignoring everything around him. He looks behind him and doesn't see anyone chasing him. However on the rooftops a figure is following the man as he runs. As the man goes through a crowd of people he thinks he is finally safe but he is wrong. Out of nowhere the man feels a sharp pain in his arm.

The man looks at his arm and sees that a small throwing knife is in his arm. "Damn it all" the man says as he pulls the throwing knife out of his arm. The man drops the throwing knife on the ground and pushes his way through the crowd of people. Without looking the man bumps into someone, stopping him from running further. "Get the hell out of my way" the man says to the person he ran in to. The person doesn't say anything to the man, the man looked up and saw a figure with a hood on.

The figure points down at his belt where a large pistol is holstered. "No, not you" the man says pushing past the guy. The guy turns around and sees the man run down an alleyway. "This will be over quickly" the guy says as he walks towards the alleyway. The man in a blind panic continues to run down the alley until he hits a wall. It appears as though the man took a wrong turn and was now in a dead end. He turns around and doesn't see the guy from before.

"Up here" a voice says, the man looks up and sees the guy from before jumping down from a rooftop. "I'm sorry, don't kill me" the man pleas to the guy. "You had multiple opportunities to turn yourself in" the guy says as he walks over to the man. "Please, I'm sorry for what I did, I didn't know what would happen" the man continues to plea. The guy punches the man in the face "you didn't know that those people would be killed and those children would be experimented on?" The guy asks.

"Yes, I had no idea such atrocities would be committed" the man answers. "If there is anything I hate most in this sick world it is liars" the guy says aiming his revolver at the man's head. The guy takes off his hood revealing himself to be Y/N. "Not you" the man says seeing Y/N's face "didn't think I'd come looking for you?" Y/N asks the man. The man doesn't answer Y/N "tell me the truth and you will live" Y/N tells the man. "What do you want me to say?" The man asks Y/N "tell me why you did it" Y/N answers hitting the man in the face once more.

"I...I...I" the man struggles to say "I what?" Y/N asks yelling at the man clicking the hammer on his revolver back. "The doctor offered me money and protection if I could help him find a place where he could adopt as many children as he wanted" the man answers with tears in his eyes. "Lies!!!" Y/N yells hitting the man with the barrel of his gun. "No, its the truth, he never told me what he was going to do to the children" the man says.

"What did I say about lying to me?" Y/N asks aiming his revolver at the man, putting his finger on the trigger. "But I'm not lying to you" the man answers crying. Y/N looks at the man "fine then" he says to the man putting his revolver away. The man let's out a sigh of relief before a large hand gets placed on his shoulder. The man turns around and sees a familiar large creature standing behind him. It was one of Mika's friends, the one she calls Ni.

"I belive you but tell it to him" Y/N tells the man, Ni let's out a feint growl looking at the man. "I...I...I didn't" the man says before Ni hits him on the head knocking him out.
_________________________________________

"Good job Ni, you can return back to Mika" I tell the large hairy creature. Ni nods his head to me and vanishes in a cloud of smoke. I look down at the unconscious man on the ground "what to do with you?" I ask myself. I tie the guys hands together and toss him over my shoulder. This guy was the one responsible for helping Thatcher and his hired mercenaries break into the church and take Mika and the other children. There was a bounty out for him and I aimed to collect on it for monetary reasons and a bit of a personal vendetta.