Chapter 10: A Girl And Her Dog

City Streets: Capitol

It was the dead of night and in the middle of the streets was an all out battle between Seryu of the Imperial police and Mine and Sheele of Night Raid. The two Night Raid members were doing all that they could to deal with Seryu's organic tegu that she called Kuro. The dog-like imperial arms was more then a match for the two girls and their own imperial arms. If something didn't happen both of them were going to end up dead.

As Kuro went to bite down on Sheele, a small black object went into his mouth. Out of nowhere, there was an explosion in Kuro's body that destroyed a portion of his head. "Who did that, who hurt my Kuro?" Seryu asks looking around for whoever did that. Out of nowhere a hooded figure wearing a mask jumps down from a rooftop with a large revolver in their hand.

As Kuro finish regenerating from its wounds, Seryu points at the masked figure "Kuro kill" she commands. Kuro sees the masked figure and charges at them full speed. The masked figure quickly unloads all six round of his revolver. The bullets tear apart Kuro's legs and body, without legs Kuro ends up falling to the ground and sliding along the pavement. The masked figure loads another cartridge in their revolver and aims it at Kuro's face as slowly stops sliding.

Kuro is slow to get up as the figure clicks the hammer back on the revolver then shoots him in the face. The figure holsters the revolver and begins to walk over to Seryu. The figure takes out a large knife and spins it around a bit before getting a strong grip on it. "You had a chance to see the truth but you still won't take it" the figure says to Seryu. "You are just a Night Raid assassin, an enemy to the innocent people of the world, who are you to talk about the truth?" Seryu asks in a disgusted tone.

"Behind you!!!" Mine yells warning the masked figure of what is behind him. The masked figure quickly turns around to see a healed Kuro coming at them with his mouth open. Before the dog imperial arms could bite down, the masked figure takes out a bottle with a green liquid inside of it. As Kuro bites down, he ends up getting the glass bottle with the green liquid in it. The green liquid turns out to be an acid of some type and starts to melt Kuro's face.

The masked figure runs over to Mine and Sheele to see if they are alright. "Are you two okay?" The figure asks them "we're fine, but who the hell are you?" Mine answers asking the masked figure who he was.
_________________________________________

"Let's just say that I am a friend for now" I answer "we need to get out of here" the girl with the pink hair tells me. "I don't think she's going to let us get away so easily" I respond looking back at Seryu. "We need to kill her and her pet dog" the girl with the pink hair says "I don't think killing her would be such a good idea" I reply. "Then what did you have in mind exactly?" The pink haired girl asks me. "Wound her or knock her out" I answer "what about the dog?" The girl asks me. I look over at Kuro who is regenerating from my acid bath. "If we can't disable him then we can kill him" I answer.

"Sounds good to me" the girl with the pink hair says as she loads her rifle imperial arms. "Come on Kuro, punish these criminals" Seryu tells Kuro. Kuro, who was finished regenerating, readies himself and comes straight at us. "I'll take care of the dog, you take care of the girl" I tell the girl with the giant scissors.

I take out my shotgun and fire four rounds into Kuro's body, each shell rips his body apart. "Come on, got to find the core" I say to myself "there it is" the girl with the pink hair says pointing out the exposed core in Kuro's body. "Nice" I say to myself as I pull out my knife. I run as fast as I can over to Kuro before he can regenerate. I leap in the air and go down to stab him, before I am able to do so, I feel a sharp pain in my side.

Kuro takes the opportunity to slam me into the wall of a building. As I pull myself out of the rubble, I notice blood and a gunshot wound. Turns out Seryu shot me when I wasn't looking "clever girl" I say to myself. Kuro walks over to me with an evil grin on his face "come on dog, don't be like this" I say, Kuro let's out a low growl and readies himself to attack me.