Chapter 1: Busy Hunting

Unknown Bar: Empire Capitol

Sitting in a booth of a bar in the slums of the Capitol is Y/N Ryōshi, a bounty hunter from the west who is known by many names. He is sitting and drinking in peace before someone approaches his booth. "May I sit?" A man wearing basically rags asks Y/N who is still drinking. Y/N sets his drink down and wipes the foam off of his mouth before looking up at the man and nodding. The man quickly sits down in the seat across from Y/N. "I know you normally don't except jobs like this but I was hoping that you would except this one for its criteria" the man says nervously as Y/N takes a sip from his drink.

"I know you are a bounty hunter and this kind of job is a long way from that but I heard from a source that you kill the evil of this world" the man says. Y/N puts his finger on his mouth silencing the man from talking any further."I am so sorry sir, did I speak out of turn?" The man apologizes while asking Y/N a question. "The Capitol has eyes and ears everywhere that report back to those with power" Y/N says to the man looking over at the counter where someone is sitting.

The man looks to where Y/N is looking and sees the man at the counter looking over at them sneakily. "Spies" the man says under his breath "don't worry they will be dealt with" Y/N replies before taking another sip of his drink. "Do you wish to talk somewhere with less “eyes” and “ears”?" The man asks Y/N. "Don't worry we will be fine here" Y/N answers scratching his chin. "What are the details of this job?" Y/N asks the man. The man sets a paper with stuff written on it on the table for Y/N to read it.

Y/N grabs the paper and begins to read what is on it. "They may appear nice and innocent but that is just a ploy to lure in victims" the man says as Y/N continues to read. "Why did you bring this to me and not the guards?" Y/N asks. "I did and they thought me a fool, then that family had their guards hunt me down, I barely escaped the first time there was no way I was ever going back and going to make it" the man answers. "Seems like something the guards would do" Y/N says under his breath. "When I heard that you were in town and here I had to set up a meeting with you so I could ask you to take on this job and put those monster six feet in the ground" the man says.

"From everything here it seems as though these truly are monsters, the kind of monsters I hunt" Y/N says placing the piece of paper back down on the table. The man takes out a small sack and places it on the table "I know this isn't as much as your bounties but it should be enough" the man says as he pushes it towards Y/N. Y/N grabs the small sack and tosses it up and catches it. "This will do but you should have this" Y/N said taking the sack of coins and giving the man five gold coins.

The man didn't know what to say before he could say anything Y/N stopped him. "Don't speak just consider the job taken" Y/N says to the man. "You should known that the daughter is the one who takes the people from the countryside off the streets to their slaughterhouse" the man says to Y/N. "That information will help me out immensely" Y/N says standing up and leaving the booth. Before Y/N leaves he motions to the bartender as he flips to silver coins onto the table.

As Y/N heads to the doors to leave a person from the counter quickly gets and leaves the bar. Y/N smirks as he slowly leaves following behind that person. "Oh yeah Ranga, keep my tab open" Y/N says to one of the bartenders "sure thing boss, don't be to long now" the bartenders replies as Y/N leaves the bar.
_________________________________________

City Streets: Empire Capitol

This guy really wanted this family dead and after reading all the crimes they were committed of, I wanted them dead too. But before I could go after them I would need to find the perfect “bait” and before I did that there was a rat I needed to deal with. As I walked out of the bar I hid amongst a group of people and saw that guy from the counter turn down an alley next to the bar. "This should be fun" I say to myself as I follow behind the person.

The Lone Gunman जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें