Chapter 3: Recovering

Night Raid Hideout

After that night the young Tatsumi was taken by the assassin group known as Night Raid. Being taken to their hideout, young Tatsumi was rightfully nervous. These people did try to kill but they did save him from meeting the same fate as his friends Sayo and Ieyasu. Then there was that hooded figure that was also there. He said that he was a friend and that he would be watching after Tatsumi. Putting that aside Tatsumi was going to have to be on his guard.

The blonde woman known as Leone was the one giving Tatsumi the tour of their base. She was explaining everything to Tatsumi about who they were and how they operated. As they walked through the base Leone introduced Tatsumi a shirtless man doing some training. His hair was in the style of a pompadour and he had a serious look on his face.

"His name is Bulat" Leone said to Tatsumi "hey there" Bulat said to Tatsumi with a wink. "Oh yeah, he's also gay" Leone said, that put Tatsumi off just a bit. "It looks like our gun toting friend lit a fire under Bulat" Leone said. "How so?" Tatsumi asked "you see those marks on his face and chest?" Leone asked. Tatsumi looked over at Bulat and saw what Leone was talking about. "Yeah I see them" Tatsumi answered "Bulat's armor is practically indestructible so that guy's gun breaking his armor and damaging him is surprising" Leone said

Tatsumi was impressed by that, he wondered what kind of ammo that guy used. With that Leone continued on her tour with Tatsumi taking him down a hallway. Eventually they passed by a short girl who had pink hair. "Hey there Mine" Leone said "yeah whatever" Mine replied. "What's the matter Mine?" Leone asked "the matter is that you think that noob over there can be one of us" Mine answered pointing at Tatsumi. "I don't know what your problem is short stack but I can be one of you" Tatsumi said. That angered Mine causing her pigtails to stand up.

"Way to stand up for yourself Tatsumi, I knew I saw potential in you" Leone said patting Tatsumi on the back. "Whatever just know that I am a genius sniper and if you get in my way, I'll kill you" Mine said to Tatsumi before walking away from them. Tatsumi was going to be keeping an eye on that Mine girl, for some reason she really pushed his buttons. As Leone and Tatsumi continued to walk down the hall Leone stopped suddenly.

Out of nowhere Leone gained lion like features and punched a hole in the wall. Leone then pulled out a guy who was hiding in the wall. "This pervert right here is Lubbock" Leone said to Tatsumi. "Sup" Lubbock said waving at Tatsumi who didn't know exactly what to say. "So Lubbock care to explain what you were doing hidding in the wall?" Leone asked. "Well, I definitely wasn't taking in all of the lovely sights" Lubbock answered nervously.

Leone squeezes Lubbock's neck just a bit making him choke. "Leone put Lubbock down, you know the boss doesn't like it when we fight each other" a voice said. Leone and Tatsumi looked over and saw the girl know as Akame walking down the hall. "Fine but if I catch this perv getting a glimpse of something he isn't supposed to see I'll snap his neck" Leone said letting go of Lubbock. "Don't worry if Lubbock peeps again I will assist you in his death" Akame replies. Lubbock rubbed his neck and got out of there quick.

"Tatsumi, this Akame" Leone said "yeah I know who she is, she's the one who tried to kill me" Tatsumi said backing away. "I know I tried to kill but that was when you made yourself a target, now that you are one of us I won't try to kill you" Akame said apologizing to Tatsumi with a bow. Tatsumi was on the defensive when it came to Akame but she did apologize to him. Maybe Akame was a normal girl when she wasn't on missions. "Alright Akame, I'm going to continue with the tour" Leone said. "Okay but heads up the boss will be coming back today and she expects a full report of how the mission went" Akame replied.

"Alright, thanks Akame" Leone said before Akame walked away. "Okay Tats let's continue this tour" Leone said grabbing Tatsumi's arm. As the two continued to walk down the hall they passed by a girl wearing glasses. "Hey there Sheele" Leone said "yeah hey there Leone" Sheele replied. "Tatsumi this here is Sheele" Leone said to Tatsumi. "Hi there" Tatsumi said "hey, um who are you?" Sheele asked Tatsumi confused. "He's our new recruit we picked up from that mission last night" Leone answered.