Chapter 12: Freezing Return

Night Raid Hideout

I woke up early in the morning to find that I was in an unfamiliar place, then it hit me, I was still in Night Raid's hideout. I look to my left and see that Mika isn't next to me, immediately I begin to panic but then I remember that her friends will protect her when I'm not there. "Guess its time for me to get up" I say to myself as I get up out of the bed I'm laying in. I grab my clothes and put them on along with some of my gear. I wanted to keep at least a few weapons on me encase something were to go down.

Once I was ready, I left the room and began to try and find where Mika was. I didn't want to stay here longer then I needed. I began to walk down the halls of the hideout and tried to navigate to where Mika may be. Eventually I heard some people talking in the kitchen area ahead of me. I decided to walk in and see who was all there, once I entered the room, I saw Mika sitting at the table eating breakfast. Next to her was Mine who was being fed by Akame while the kid sat down from them.

"Oh, it's just you" Akame said "hey there" Tatsumi said "hey kid" I replied sitting down next to Mika. "What do we have here?" I asked Mika looking at her breakfast. Mika took her fork and handed me a piece of her breakfast. I took a bite and ate it "that's good, these  crocchettes are very tastey" I said with a smile making Mika smile. "What's her deal, is she deaf or is she mute?" Mine asked. I looked at Mika "she's not deaf and she isn't exactly mute, as far as I know, she can talk but hasn't decided to yet" I answered. 

"She's still super cute" Tatsumi said "yeah, she has that effect on people" I replied. "Except when those things of hers appear" Akame says as she continues to feed Mine. "I want to know how she's able to do that?" Tatsumi asked "same here" Mine said. "Mika here was kidnapped by some scientist and was fused with multiple types of sacred gears, which ones I have no idea" I answered. "I know one of them" Akame said "which one do you know?" I asked.

"The tree one she used when we met after the fight with Zanku, that one is called Tsurīgādian, the legendary protector of the forests" Akame answered. I thought that was interesting, I know knew what one of her friends was, I'd thought that it was just called Yon. I guess there was more to it then that, maybe when we got home I'd use my book about imperial arms to find out what her other friends were.

"So what are you going to do now?" Tatsumi asked me "my plan is simple, I'm going to head back to the Capital with Mika and continue to work and take care of her" I answered. "It would be wise for you to stay here, especially after what happened last night" Akame said speaking up. Hearing that made me remember that I failed to save that other girl from Kuro. It made me remember that it could of been me who was dead.

"I don't think it is best if I stay here, I can feel the tension and besides I've got things I needed to take care of" I replied. "I know the boss said that you could leave and didn't have to stay but we could use your skill" Tatsumi said. "Listen kid, I'm not an assassin, I am a bounty hunter, I get paid to take in the bad guys dead or alive" I replied. "If you join us, you will still get paid maybe even more then you do bounty hunting" Akame said. Mika tugged on my sleeve, I looked down and saw her giving me that look.

There was no way I could say no to her especially when she was making that face. "Look, I will stay here a little bit longer, I will help you out on some missions and once I've done that I will leave" I said. "That is understandable" Akame said "that is going to be awesome, can't wait till big bro finds out" Tatsumi said. I let out a sigh, I looked down at Mika and saw that she was smiling. "You just want to play with new people" I whispered to her, Mika smiled even more and shook her head.

Just then I felt a cold streak run down my spine that caused me to shiver a bit. "What's the matter, you cold?" Tatsumi asked "it's not that" I answered. "It could be that someone is talking about you elsewhere" Akame said. "Who would be talking about me?" I asked, I kind of didn't want to know who would be talking about me.
_________________________________________