Chapter 2: Assassins

City Streets: Capital

It was bright and early and I was still on the hunt for my bounty. I was following the kid from the countryside and the daughter of the family I was going to kill. Right now they were going shopping for the girl and the boy and her bodyguard were carrying her items. The reason this girl and her family weren't dead yet was that I was waiting for the perfect moment to strike. But before I did that I needed more information about the girl and her family. While the intel the client gave me was good and informative, I need to check up on it and make sure all of it was true.

If I was going to kill a young girl and her family I was going to need all of the proof to show that they were monsters. Maybe it was also that I felt bad for using the kid as bait, he was clueless as to who he was staying with and what they were going to do with him. Thankfully I had all the proof I needed to kill that little girl and her family. My plan was to go to the home at night and kill them off quietly and get the kid out of there before he could get poisoned and tortured.

Breaking into their home was my first attempt at trying to do something stealthy. Normally I am a run and gun kind of person but this job required some extra skill and finesse to it.

Flashback

Target's Mansion

I followed behind the carriage that had picked the kid up, I was able to climb under it and take it all the way to this large mansion. As we entered through the gates I got off and began to sneak around the property. I needed a way to get inside without the guards noticing me and I needed to find information on the family's evil deeds. Quickly as everyone began to go to sleep I climbed up the side of the mansion and stopped at a window. Thankfully the window wasn't locked so I pushed it open and got in.

I slowly and quietly crept around the mansions avoiding guards while looking for anything that could help me. Eventually I came across the mother's study which would have everything I needed. I tried to open the door but it was locked and I didn't want to make any sound. Luckily I had the items necessary to pick the lock on the door. It took me a few tries but I managed to pick the lock and get the door open.

Once inside I began to look around the room, I went through everything I could find. Eventually I came across a notebook that had everything I needed written inside of it. In this notebook and others like it was written accounts of the people that her and her family took in, poisoned and tortured until death. Somewhere in a room they kept all of the items they took from the people the killed. I got to a part that worried me a bit, it was a part on when they were going to begin torturing the kid and what they were going to do to him.

There it was, my proof, my confirmation to kill these monsters and not regret anything. I didn't need to look for anything on the father because the mother basically gave him away along with her daughter. What I wanted to know was how the guy was able to get away from these monsters and contact me.

Flashback Over

City Streets: Capital

Their day continued with them stopping to get something to eat for the girl. I decided that I couldn't stay on the rooftops forever so I went down there and blended in with the people. I sat down in a table next to theirs and was listening in on their conversation. The kid was asking about the wanted posters hanging up on the wall. I looked over and saw all of them hanging up, I had seen them before but never really paid attention to them. They were wanted posters for the known members of this assassin group called Night Raid.