Chapter 9: Bonding

City Store: Capitol

I had earned enough money the other day to buy some new things for Mika. I figured a girl her age could use some toys to play with. I didn't really have anything she could play with that wouldn't end up with her accidentally hurting herself. Hopefully I could find a few things that would catch Mika's attention. So far nothing that was on the shelves of the stores we had gone to attracted Mika's attention. She wouldn't even look at the dolls or stuffed animals.

"Come on Mika, you've got to pick something" I tell her while grabbing a stuffed bear. Mika grabs it and looks at it for a minute before putting it back on the shelf. "Okay then, Mika, you know I can't always be there to watch you so that's why I want you to pick a few things to play with to keep you occupied" I try to explain to her. Mika nods her head and walks over to isle full of toys of all kinds.

She walked down it slowly and looked at each shelf, it didn't take her long to find something that caught her attention. Mika grabbed a stuffed eagle toy and brought it over to me. I got down on my knee and looked at the stuffed animal. "So do you want this little guy?" I ask her, Mika nods her head but then sticks her finger up. She then walks back over to the shelf and picks up two more stuffed animals. Mika then came back over to me and showed me the two other stuffed animals that she grabbed.

One looked like a black cat and the other kind of looked one of Mika's “friends”. To be honest it really did look a lot like Ni, the wolf creature thing. "Do you want anymore?" I ask Mika, she shakes her head answering me. "Okay then, we'll go pay for these then we'll get some lunch then we'll go clothes shopping" I say.

Time Skip

City Streets: Capitol

Mika and I were walking down the streets of the Capitol, her and I were eating some carmel apples that I had bought for both of us. "So Mika, what do you want to do next?" I ask her. Mika takes a bite of her apple and looks up at me. "Anything you want to do we can do" I tell her, Mika all of a sudden points at my revolver. "What about it?" I ask her, Mika makes a finger gun and does the motion. "Do you want me to teach you how to shoot?" I ask her.

Mika nods her head then does small punches in the air. "You also want me to teach you how to fight?" I ask. Mika nods her head "okay then, I guess I can go and find us a place where I can teach you" I say. Mika hugs my leg and smiles at me "I did say we do whatever you wanted but I didn't think you'd want to do those things" I say. I look at her "can I ask why you want me to teach you how to shoot and how to fight?" I ask her.

Mika shakes her head "okay then, I'll take that as a no" I say. Thinking about a place where I can teach Mika, I remember one where I could teach her a few things.

Time Skip

Clearing: Woods Outside Capitol

I had taken Mika to a clearing in the woods where I could teach her how to shoot and how to fight like she wanted. It was a good place where there wasn't any danger beasts nearby and there weren't any people to interfere. It was the perfect spot for training, honestly this kind of reminded me when I was young and my dad taught me how to shoot.

"Alright Mika, we are going to start with whatever you want" I tell Mika. Mika points at my revolver "okay then, we'll start with shooting" I say. I lay my revolver down on a stump along with my rifle and my shotgun. Mika walked over to the stump and looked at all my guns. She tried to pick up the shotgun but it was too heavy for her. "Easy there, you aren’t ready for that one" I tell her taking the shotgun from her. I let out a sigh looking at my guys then at Mika.