Trials By Fire

Kyle is helping Tatiana pick a ring, and as he does, he drops his hands on the table and looks straight into her eyes

"There, my debt is paid. Now if you excuse me, I need to get back home, get a bag, and head to the hospital, and you should do the same, the storm is almost here and God knows after it hits you won't be able to get anywhere."

"I will, and Kyle, thank you"

"What for?"

"Everything, thank you for being my friend, sleeping with me, and making me realize I wanted more than what I had or was settling for"

He nods at her and smiles and then heads out of the shack. He goes to his apartment and drives back to the hospital afterward.

The hours are passing slowly, the night sets in, the winds are starting to roar, the air is cold, and snow has just started to fall.

At 2:00 AM the next day, Kyle gets paged to the helipad, his high-profile case had arrived, and just in time before the storm hit.

He goes up, covering himself he receives his patient, greets the parents, and leads them towards the elevator. After arriving on the fourth floor, he leads them to the private room their child will be in during her stay at the hospital. The room behind the sliding door is covered by a plastic wall for isolation, two reclinable chairs for them to sit, followed by another sliding door, and the bed inside a plastic bubble.

They look at him

"Wow, I believe this is the first time a hospital has set all of this for our little girl," Said the father

Kyle stands behind them and introduces himself and his team

"Mr. and Mrs. Garcia, My name is Kyle Sandoval, I'm going to be the primary physician on your daughter's case along with them, Nurse Anders and Halen, as well as doctors Millen and Noren. We will be running the tests again, tests that have already been performed before, but, in the meantime, we are going to let her rest, she has been through enough for today, I will resume studying her case and see how other physicians have approached the case. If there is anything you need don't doubt to call for me, I will be at your disposal 24/7 as long as your daughter remains under my care."

"Thank you, we already know what we needed to know about you and the team, doctor Ramney emailed us detailed bios of you all. You seem to know what you are doing, and if the doctors here trust you then so do we." Said, Mr. Garcia

"You flatter me, but anything ok, anything you need just let me know. One of the nurses will come to check her vitals very soon and one of the doctors will put a central line on her so we don't have to pinch her every time we need to run tests. They will also see that she is as comfortable as possible." Kyle replies to them both

As the parent's nod in understanding, Kyle walks out of the room that has been reserved just for his patient.

As he enters his office, he clears his throat and speaks "Ok listen up, as of this moment we don't leave this area unless is strictly necessary. Are we clear?"

The entire team nods in agreement

"Now let's review the main details of the case."

Nurse Anders introduces the case "Patient is a nine-year-old female, with a chronic illness that is yet to be diagnosed"

"She has suffered numerous interventions trying to find what this may be, you already ordered a central line to be put on her STAT" Resident Millen followed