Headcanons

- When Gov does sleep it's usually for hours on end and will wake up probably sometime around 4 to 5 AM incredibly thirsty and disoriented.

- Gov had a rebellious stage. He straightened up after a few years.

- Utah makes one heck of a loaf of banana bread.

- Utah is terrified of hyperactive dogs. If their chill, no problem but if it's running around and nosing everything, nope please keep it far from me.

- They all have a group chat where Florida spams it with names at ungodly times in the night.

- Colorado once made "brownies" and left them on the kitchen table. A few other states helped themselves. He is no longer allowed to make anything in the kitchen without someone watching him.

- The statehouse has gone though multiple coffee machines every month. It's becoming an hassle to replace.

- The statehouse has a massive yard and backyard. The backyard has different sections like a communal garden, flower gardens, and a grove of apple and orange trees. The barn and two sheds are off to the side of the house.

- The southern states only have a few animals since Gov wouldn't approve of anymore animals. They have a cow, three chickens, one rooster, and a horse.  They wanted to get a pig but that was where Gov put his foot down.

- The cow's name is Betsy and Texas just adores her. She's one of those fluffy cows and is very affectionate. The three chickens are Chica, Lilly, and Layla. They have a coop that the south states built and are extremely proud of. The rooster's name is Gator on the insistence of Louisana and Florida. The horse is Pluto and he is a very agreeable horse. He is very chill and docile.

- The yard is more barren than the backyard and only has a small flower garden at the front of the house. There are two large maple trees and a small cobblestone path, leading to the front door.

- The yard is big enough to have full scale water balloon fights or other such activities.

- Vermont collects sap from the maple trees in the yard and turns it into syrup. It is the only maple syrup allowed in the house other than the syrup he brought from his own state.

- The reason the states have two sheds is because Vermont uses the first one to turn the sap into syrup and storage for said syrup and there was no more room for any of the tools.

- Utah had asked Gov if he could keep bees in the garden but Gov said no because one Washington was allergic to bee stings and two if he said yes Florida would've demanded to be allowed to keep a gator.

- Speaking of animals there's  a bunch of them at the statehouse. California has a golden retriever named Milo, who loves the water. Sometimes California tales him to go surfing. He has a small kidde pool that he likes to splash in. He also has a cat named Poppy. She is a short-haired dilute calico with amber eyes. She's very sweet and friendly and gets along fine with other animals.

- Wyoming owns a small british longhair named Birdie. Birdie is a silver tabby with olive eyes. He is quite shy and perfers to follow Wyoming around or take naps in the flower garden. He doesn't mind other animals as long as they leave him alone. Wyoming often takes Birdie on hikes.

- Arizona owns one blue-tounged skink named Sunny. She is a very docile thing and usually stays in her enclosure. When she isn't she's usually crawling around Arizona's room with him watching. She likes gentle pets.

- Arizona likes to go gecko hunting in the gardens. He always releases them in the end. He also grows a few cacti in his room because "Arizona please don't grow jumping cactus in the garden."

- The northeast all collectively cares for a pair of rabbits named Mittens ad Mitsy and they spoil the two rotten. At this point no one can actually remember who they belong to. Mittens is very hyperactive and hops all over the place while Mitsy is much more calmer. She is very sweet and cuddly.

- Gov has a small budgie named Liberty. He's a very sweet thing but extremely loud. He screams randomly from time to time and can say a few simple phrases such as hi or goodnight. Unfortunately some of these phrases are curse words, much to the delight of Florida and dismay of Gov. Liberty has a two story cage with perches and toys. The cage is located in Gov's office/bedroom and sometimes Gov let's him out so he can fly around the room. Liberty likes to sit on his desk and watch Gov work.

- Indiana once befriended this small finch that decided to hang out in the garden. Her name is Jackie and she only allows Indiana to pet her.

- Lik Arizona, Florida also likes to go on lizard hunts but instead of just lizards he likes to look for frogs, bugs, and other creatures like that. He once found this really cool looking beetle and adopted it. It's name is now Gerald and it now lives in Louisiana and Florida's room.