9. deja-vu

🎵Heavy In Your Arms — Florence + The Machine

Ella's POV

I'm parked up in front of the grand, luxurious hotel, my fingers tapping against the steering wheel. How I drove here while being slightly under the influence, I didn't know.

Hell, that was the least of my problems right now, and that was saying something.

I run both hands through my hair in frustration. The only sound comes from the soft purr of the car engine and the lapping waves of the ocean just outside from where I'm parked.

What the fuck am I doing? It's freaking 3 in the morning. What am I really doing?

For fuck's sake, Kyle is sleeping in my bed in my apartment right now. And where am I?

Parked up in front of his hotel.

It's not too late for me to pull out of this parking spot, back to Kyle and back to my own bed.

I've clearly lost all of my common sense and rationality, because I turn the car off and open the door, shutting it behind me. I walk briskly through the night air as I cross the street, the pathway leading to the hotel entrance lit up with the light overhead from the large building.

I seem like a stalker — I only know he's staying here because I overheard Jax ask him earlier tonight at the club.

This is crazy.

I'm behaving as if I'm fucking insane. Maybe I am.

I can't think — all I know is that I have to get inside this hotel. The liquor I've consumed tonight has only fueled my decisions, the source of my impaired judgement.

As I walk, my eyes fall on a familiar figure walking to a familiar car. I squint, the alcohol still in me slightly impairing my vision. Then, I recognize him.

"Tom?" I call out in disbelief. Tom turns in surprise just as I near him and his mouth falls open.

"Miss Ella!" He gasps, shaking his head in disbelief. "Oh my god, when was the last time I saw you?" He opens his arms to give me a hug and I happily walk into them as I laugh. I've missed Tom so much.

"I don't even know, it feels like ages ago! What are you doing in Miami?" I ask. It's so weird seeing him here under palm trees, I've only ever seen him in New York.

Tom laughs with me, a little mischievous look in his eyes. "Oh, the same reason you're here," he teases and I can feel the heat rise to my cheeks.

"Mr. Styles promoted me, I guess you can say. He wanted me to drive him full-time, wherever he goes, he said it made him more comfortable," Tom says with a smile. "Oh, and congratulations! I saw your nightclub when I drove Mr. Styles there earlier, it looks amazing!"

I beam up at Tom, the pride surging through me. "Thank you so much! You know, you could have came inside, drinks on the house," I tease as Tom chuckles.

"Next time," he promises. When our laughter dies down, I purse my lips in thought.

"Tom, I—"