epilogue ii

🎵we went wild — lord huron
🎵i'll keep you safe — sleeping at last
🎵life — sleeping at last

Harry's POV
a year and a half after the wedding

"Babe?" I call out, slamming the front door shut behind me. It's gotten a bit chillier in the nights here in Florida now that it's December, and I'm grateful for the warmth in our home.

"In the living room!" I hear my favorite sound in the world — my sweet girl's voice.

I smile to myself, heading into the kitchen to drop off the bags I carried from the supermarket, and make sure to grab the jar of pickles that Aurelia so desperately insisted that she needed.

After I wash my hands, I begin to to grab the bread, laughing to myself as spread it with mayonnaise and fill it with the pickles and a slice of cheese.

I cannot believe she likes this; it's all she's been eating lately.

As I make my way to the living room with her pickle sandwich and a glass of juice, I take a glance at what she's watching on the television. I can feel the heat rise to my cheeks as I see myself up on the TV; it's a video of one of my concerts.

"This again?" I ask, leaning over to set the plate on our coffee table. Aurelia slowly pulls herself up to sit straight on the sofa, her hand on her swollen belly.

My beautiful, golden girl. Somehow, she's even more radiant with pregnancy — I didn't think it would be possible, but God, has she been glowing.

Ethereal.

"She always kicks when she hears you singing, especially right now when she hears your voice," Aurelia says with a melodic laugh, her hand rubbing across her belly. "Isn't that right, Mommy's Girl?"

Aurelia coos as she looks down at her stomach, rubbing her hands across herself. I walk over towards her, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead before I crouch down in front of her, cradling her belly in my hands.

"You mean Daddy's Girl," I tease, and Aurelia rolls her eyes. "There's a reason you kick when you hear Daddy's voice, isn't it, angel baby?"

I lean my head to pepper kisses across Ella's belly, and she giggles with my actions. All of a sudden, I feel a harsh movement against my mouth, and Ella roars into sudden loud laughter.

"Good girl, you just socked Daddy in the mouth!" she laughs loudly, rubbing the area where our daughter just kicked her — and me, apparently.

"Hey! Not nice, sweetheart," I scold, pointing my finger at Aurelia's belly, causing her to laugh, and I can't help but laugh along with her.

I'm already incredibly in love with Aurelia and I's creation, the start of our family. I can't quite believe it's been a little over 8 months already — I still remember the day Aurelia told me she was pregnant.

"Little muse..." I sang out, shutting the door behind me, shaking off the raindrops from my hair.

It was storming outside, being that it was the start of hurricane season, but the weather did nothing to dampen my spirits.

It was Friday evening — Aurelia had already checked in with the nightclub earlier. We reserved Friday evenings and every other weekend to solely be with each other.

I had finished another tour only a week ago here in the United States, and it was so nice to be back home with my sweet girl.

"Kitchen!" Aurelia's musical voice chimed, and I grinned to myself, ushering into the bright kitchen. It smelled heavenly — Aurelia was cooking tonight, and I couldn't wait to dig in.