41. petal

🎵I Believe — Jonas Brothers

Harry's POV

"Call me as soon as you guys land," Aurelia speaks, her voice muffled against Lydia's hair as the two are wrapped tightly in one another's arms.

"I promise," Lydia says, squeezing Aurelia tighter. "Come to New York soon, okay? Or when you get back I'll come to Miami."

I can hear her voice thick and heavy, and I can see Aurelia's eyes are rimmed red when she pulls away from her and Lydia's embrace. The sight causes my heart to twist — I hate seeing her sad.

I'm sat in the driver's side, having already said my goodbyes to them. I didn't want anyone to catch sight of me and swarm us, ruining the moment. I turn my attention back to Aurelia, my heart aching again at the sight of her bottom lip quivering.

I can't imagine how it must feel for Lydia and Aurelia especially; since Aurelia moved to Miami, I know she and Lydia don't see each other as much as they would like to. These past few weeks may have been tumultuous, but I know they were happy having one another like the old times.

"Lyds, baby, I'm sorry but we have to go if we want to make it!" Jax calls from the door of the airport where he's stood with Brad.

He meets my gaze and gives me a sad smile — I know he probably must be thinking the same thoughts that I am.

Lydia and Aurelia begrudgingly pull away from their embrace, and Lydia leans over to press a kiss to Aurelia's temple. Before she turns around, however, Lydia runs quickly to the car, tapping her fingernail against the window as a signal for me to roll it down.

"Didn't think I forgot you, didn't I?" She says with a grin despite the black makeup that's been smudged around her eyes from crying.

I grin back at her. "I could never think that, Lydia."

It's the truth, in all of the ways. It doesn't only apply to our current circumstances; when Ella and I broke up, Lydia made sure to know that I wasn't forgotten. She became my own annoying little sister, but I love her to death.

"You take care of my girl, okay? I won't hesitate to key your cars if you fuck up, even if it means I have to travel all around the world to find them all, you rich son of a bitch," she says with a laugh, and I can't help but chuckle along with her.

"No fucking up here, Lyds, I guarantee it."

She extends her hand through the window, reaching for my cheek before she gives it a little pinch. "Come visit us, too...don't let it be too long before we see you again." She swipes a finger underneath her eyes again before Jax calls her name again, and she's forced to turn away.

Lydia blows kisses at both Aurelia and I as Jax and Brad wave at us before they head into the airport. Aurelia waits until they're out of sight before she joins me back in the car, walking around the hood with a cute little pout before she slides into the passenger side.

I want to kiss that pout right off those lips of hers.

She's silent as I pull off, her head turned towards the airport doors despite Lydia and the guys being long gone. When we get onto the highway, she settles further into her seat, and the only sound that fills the car is the soft purr of the engine and her little sniffles.

"Hey," I reach over, my hand resting on her thigh as I give it a soft squeeze. Ella turns her attention towards me, and my heart twists again at the sight of her tear-stained cheeks.

She manages a little smile back at me and as always, that smile brightens up even the darkest of nights. She places her hand over mine, lacing our fingers together.