14. swimming lessons

🎵Talk Fast — 5 Seconds of Summer

Harry's POV

She didn't tell him.

After all that happened, after our little argument, after she went through this same situation herself...

...she just didn't tell him.

And maybe that's why I didn't book my ticket home.

Maybe that's why I've just got a rental and now I'm parked in front of Ella's apartment.

It's impulsive of me, it's the most impulsive thing I've done in a year — not counting last night — and I know I should have at least thought this through a bit more.

I just can't believe she hasn't told him as yet. And the fact that she tried to play things off; for fuck's sake, Kyle sounded cheery on the phone.

Lydia is stood outside, her arms crossed. I know that look that's on her face; I've seen it directed at Jax too many times.

She's angry.

I park behind Aurelia's car, noticing there's a small sunflower sticker on the back window; it reminds me of the small sunflower tattoo behind her ear. As I get out, Lydia storms towards me.

She's short; not as short as Aurelia, but short enough to have to tilt her head up to look at me.

She looks like an angry little kitten — it's quite funny, but I know better than to make play out of Lydia's anger.

"What the hell type of game are you two playing?" She practically shouts.

There's an elderly man who's walking his dog across the street and I shush Lydia.

"Shhh! Okay, so she told you?" I ask, narrowing my brows. If she told Lydia, that means she'll tell Kyle, at least I hope so.

"No, she didn't! You know she can't lie for shit," Lydia mumbles before she turns her head back towards me. "What the fuck are you guys doing? You've been growing Harry, Jax and I see it—"

"She came to me, Lydia!" I say, cutting her off. "She came to my room and—"

"Hey, man! So glad you could come!" This time, I'm the one who's interrupted.

Kyle walks out the front door, lugging a blue cooler. He has a grin on his face and he's wearing one of those white tanks — it makes me remember Niall, it's something he'd wear for sure.

But my eyes train to the figure behind him.

Aurelia peers over his shoulder, her hair pushed back with a pair of sunglasses. She's wearing a yellow bikini top, but I'm only focused on her honey colored eyes.

They don't meet mine.

Lydia gives me a hard nudge with her elbow, disrupting the hard hammering of my heart in my chest. I force a smile onto my face.

"Hey, how are you?" I muster out, wishing I had cleared my throat beforehand.

I'm grateful when Jax appears behind Aurelia, squeezing between Kyle so he could pass through.