27. adore you

Harry's POV
France, a year ago

I strum the strings of the guitar faintly, humming along to the soft sound of the chords being struck as I move my fingers.

It's quiet in this little villa, especially with Aurelia still sleeping. Yesterday was so jam packed with it being her birthday and I know she slept soundly last night, especially after our...activities.

I smirk to myself, thinking of our evening spent in the jacuzzi — her body over mine, the only sounds being our skin on skin, the splashing of the water, and my girl's delicious moans echoing throughout the room.

I shake the filthy thoughts away, focusing my attention back to the paper in front of me as I continue to strum the strings of the guitar.

"Strawberry lipstick state of mind..." I sing out quietly, liking the sound of that.

I quickly grab the pen, scratching out the chords and the phrase onto the piece of paper before I shove the pen between my lips, wanting to continue before I lose the melody in my head.

"I get so lost inside your eyes...would you believe it?"

I write the lyrics on the paper, smiling to myself as I think of Aurelia — I could stare into those beautiful eyes of hers forever if I could.

They're the color of molten honey, warm and sweet, inviting me in like a golden flame, a golden light.

Whenever she peers up at me, I'm reminded of the earth — the rich color of the earth being kissed by the rains of spring, making way for the vibrance of the new blooming flowers.

I mean, fuck, she's not just the sun and moon, or even just the earth; she's the entire universe encompassed into one human.

I suddenly hear the soft pad of footsteps and I smile; I already know who it is. I turn my head, seeing my sweet Ella appear in the living room.

She's wearing one of my tshirts and the hem falls just above her knees. I love seeing her in my clothes, especially with how big the shirt looks on her. Her hair is in a ponytail and she gives me a sweet smile that never fails to make my heart skip a beat.

She's adorable.

"Sorry you didn't wake up to me," I apologize, raising my hand up from my guitar to gesture for her to come to me.

Aurelia immediately shakes her head as she walks over to me and leans forwards to kiss my lips softly.

"Don't apologize," she says, walking around me. She places her arms around my shoulders as she asks, "What's that you're playing?"

I laugh, leaning my head to the side so that I could give her hand a quick kiss. "Wouldn't you like to know, my little muse?" I tease.

If only Ella knew all these melodies in my head revolve around her entirely; she's a wonder to me.

I've already written one song about her and I have two others in the works — at this rate, the entire album will be about this one woman.

Aurelia insists on going out to the little market to get us some food and groceries for the empty refrigerator, and despite me telling her I can easily go with her, she's quite persistent.