Chapter 30

Secretly, someone thinks of you when it's raining
-Author

(A/N) : I recommend using headphones/earphones ;) trust me, it's worth it. And make sure to time it... perfectly, hehe.

Usually, Helena didn't quite fond on staying in a rather same place in a long term. Even when she and 47 switched up the hotel from Santa Monica to one of the most unaffordable places in Los Angeles, it was still in California. She always, chose the top suite. No other rooms on the level, just purely a room as soon as the elevator from the lobby reaches the top. Of course, the access card was pretty expensive to get. However, looking at their paycheck, it didn't seem to be a problem whatsoever on requesting the particular suite.

In the corner of the top suite, the green eyed woman had herself busy on the training equipment in front of her. Trying to balance herself as she tightened up her gloves. A very fortunate thing to have a small gym on the room, enough for her to complete her daily training. 47 was always the first one to barge in the room, earlier than she ever was. Early bird he was. Technically, she purposely trained in the late afternoon, with no specific reason of course.

Repetitively, her sweats dripped down each time she landed a heavy blow on the hanging punching bag. Giving it no mercy to retaliate further distance. Remembered the past accident she dealt with the equipment in the ICA headquarters, she decided to keep it a little out of her aggressive side. Slightly. Making sure she didn't break the target bag.

Nonetheless, her so called vacation was bothering.

She thought that, she wasn't doing the maximum. It's been months since she acquired the data from Marcus, but the trail still blank. So far, she required 4 codes to get access to the mainframe of the transaction to know the IP address of the user. Despite her effort, she had yet to acquire the last half. The encryption was thick, even the ICA could only penetrate the first one, and 47 with the second one.

Her fists became stiffed, recalling back her poorly executed skills. With it, she should've had the four codes. But no, she had yet to destroy the other walls. Useless, she thought. The chains holding the bag recoiled, shaking its vibration until it reached the top. Helena backed away, catching her breath slowly as she gripped both her knees.

A buzzing sound came from the corner of the room, making the woman reverted her attention as soon as she heard the sound. She rushed and kneeled in front of the device, only to be greeted by the box of error sign popping out. She gritted her teeth and typed her fight onto the encryption. Continuing the auto pilot hacking back to its original work. She bent her head down as she sighed heavily. Obvious enough to the open with how her work turned out. Thinking, she must've missed something in the system.

She stood back up, a hand on her hip. She stared at her vague reflection on the glass barrier dividing the small gym from the balcony, locking her gaze with her grey sports bra and a pair of grey sweatpants. Inhaling a deep breath, she exhaled the air back out as she reached for her laptop and left the room.

*****

Sipped her last cup of tea, she didn't let her eyes off from the screen. 47 at the current time wasn't letting himself be the disturbance. Unless she had spent the time way too long on cracking the codes. He continued on putting up the pieces of his weapon in place, one by one with most precision.

"Fuck! Not again..." she exclaimed.

With two fingers rubbing the side of her own head, she groaned in frustration as she continued on to dealt with the problem occurred on the screen. 47 lifted a brow in remark, noticed she had cursed the specific word countless times right at the time. The gap in between the time wasn't even far.