Chapter 14

You either conquer or be conquered
-Author

Helena has been avoiding to make eye contact with the hitman. Even when he managed to barge inside her room, she would eventually find away to retreat from his presence. The recent interaction she had made an undying fluster spinning around her upper stomach. Swaying down the depth of her embarrassment.

Since the odd day had passed, the reddish tint scattered across her face has not been fully yet faded. It would require sorcery to surpass her confusion and flattery. Most days 47 tried to let himself comfortable enough, as usual, without any invitation to step his feet on Helena's lair. But her neglection on his presence were too obvious.

Days. Weeks. She thanked god in above for letting her rest herself from missions. Made Diana on a hiatus on demanding her job done. Or else the atmosphere would be an even greater threat to her chest. Causing whatever is the abomination resides.

Just as she was relieving her head on her bed, a knock on her door was made. The tempo, the rhythm, it was all too familiarly known well. The Australian girl acknowledge who had interrupted her comfort zone. She inhaled a deep breath and made my way to greet the door open, the small gap she made revealed a pair of blue ocean eyes staring back at her green ones.

"Y-yes?"

"Diana needs your presence. Our presence," he declared.

"Alright. Five minute--"

When the door panel was closing, a foot clung to its edge, preventing for it to close completely. Helena jolted in panic, unable to arrange words right after the figure stepped inside. When her eyes met his, her cheeks instantly boiled. She stuttered in her own mouth, stepping away from the agent. "I-I'm going to get ready... p-please leave--"

Her body stops evading when her back landed on the cold surface behind her, a soft yelp was out from her mutter. Helena spun her head back to 47, who was already making her view blocked. He leaned closer, pinned her against the wall. "You've been avoiding me."

"W-what?! N-no--"

"Don't lie to my face, Helena."

His eyes sharpened his glare, making his hand up the wall beside her head. Helena's beating heart increased its tempo automatically, making the blood inside her cheeks tensed. The air surrounding them brought the silence to the two, filled with only the staring contest held. Helena swallowed her saliva, "I'm not... I needed some privacy, 47."

"Why?"

"Uh? Because everyone needs it..??"

He tilted his head slightly, twitched both eyebrows. "I sense it is more than just privacy."

Helena froze.

"It was about that evening, wasn't it?"

The girl shook her head, gestured both arms to cross. "No no no it wasn't--"

47's stare deepened. By that, Helena was unable to give any more excuses. She sighed in defeat, "Fine... it was... but I don't even know why I was giving myself some distance from you." The agent straightened his pose and stared down at the woman, she lifted her head up quite rather quick. "B-but it's not a bad thing, I swear..."

47 turned around and let his feet lead him away from her. "Acceptable," he remarked. Helena released a heavy relieved breath under her mouth before turning to her walk in closet, changing into a more suitable pair of clothes.

*****

Helena sat comfortably on her jeans, flipped her leg over another. She let a casual white blouse to cover her black tank top. Diana walked in with a folder hanging by her arm. The blonde haired woman sat gracefully in front of her. Opening the file, she slipped it off on the table. "Good morning, Cereus, 47." Like always, 47 chose to admire from the corner of the room. Fully proud of his sharp sense of hearing.