Chapter 17

There are two types of people when 'I see Red' is playing, either vengeful or lustful
-Author

The assassin stood silent while watching Helena walked off, leaving him be at the cold deserted roof. His eyes shifted after admiring the small device within his held. 47 wondered through his mind of such recent encounter. It would almost be impossible for disruption to enter their technology. Seeing as it was very efficient. Static distortion would only be a ridiculous flaw.

Footsteps approached him slowly after a long silence filled the air. Reflex, his bright blue eyes cornered a stare. Revealing his dealer accompanying his presence. "I see you two have grown quite close as partners," her familiar tone greeted 47 like a mother worried about her sick child. He spun his head, without making any reply.

"Your progress with her have evolved admirably. Yet, she still has much to learn."

Diana stood beside him, staring at her front to see the view of the city. Along with the dark rivers reflecting the lights from the lampposts. She paused momentarily before she twitched her brows, "I'm curious whether you fond of her," she teased his judgement.

"We're only partners."

Diana chuckled lightly, letting her hand covered her mouth slightly from being exposed. She turned to him, "Of course, 47. You are always aware of your protocols." Her tone grew differently. 47 turned to her, only to lock his eyes on her changed expression. Strict. Intimidating. Yet professionally calm. Having nothing to reply, he let the atmosphere thickened.

He knew Diana didn't come only to simply imitate Helena's humor on his nerves, she was accusing his emotions. A gentle accusation, but was heard as a soft reminder. After a long pause, he nodded in response. By that, Diana's smile returned. She quickly walked off to find her way inside, reaching the warmth inside the headquarters. 47 glanced back at his front, reaching back for his error communicator.

A simple thought came up in his mind. That the interruption was not just a coincidental accident.

*****

Sweats ran down Helena's forehead as she continues to punch her target. The grip on her both hands, which had been covered by the dull bandages, tightened aggressively. She tried to maintain balance at her breathing phase, focusing her power on her arm. The punching bag strayed further after a blow was landed by Helena repetitively. The last straw was her swinging her feet too severe. Making the equipment flung back by the force, releasing the chains holding the thing intact by the ceiling.

She gasped in shock, gently covering her mouth with her rough palm. A loud thud echoed around the room. "Whoops." Though, glancing around the room would be dumb enough for her to do. Since she was the only one standing. But typical her, she still did. Admiring the stiff object, she stayed silent. But of course, her mind was drizzled by her wonder.

The night from weeks ago. It left an undying curiosity contemplating her brain. Helena approached the glass window, leaning to one of its frame. The city view at noon was always mesmerizing. Never fails to impress her. However, it was not the thing which had attracted her attention. Her focus was still covered up on the unpredictability of her, partner.

A vague reddish tint scattered across her cheeks as her mind rewinds the scene. Peeking through his reaction, she could address him as, unreadable. The guess for him to neglect should be lightened to the outside, but her expectations were wrong. Helena bit her lower lip, awkwardly rubbed her lower arm. Imagining what would happen if it wasn't interrupted all too suddenly.

Unsure, she would've lost her mind. For months of her unsolved premonitions kept haunting her mind, still remained a mystery to her. Helena tried her hardest to decline the developing pulse resides within her chest. Poking them away would only resolve an unconditional denial to herself.