ANB 4

Would you prefer a beautiful lie, or a painful truth?
-Author

Third person's POV
"I remember who he is."

Helena approached him, enough for the pair of eyes to recognize the set of glimmering eyes. He went back into reality just in seconds. "Janus," he continued.

Just as the others exchanged a glance, as she did too, they all came to one final conclusion. A plan to assassinate the master behind the curtains. Olivia and Diana began measuring the information and searched for every details resided from oblivion, scraping whatever was left untouched, buried beneath their feet up to the surface.

Grey realized how she managed to let 47's gaze unfazed with his surroundings, other than to make himself busy for whom he was feeling the tension with. He gave her a nod, a signal for her to take over 47's in need of assistance situation. She agreed with Grey's gesture and let herself sit comfortably beside the man.

Not surprising as it was his habit, but the silent attitude brought up her curiosity. "Are you alright?" she asked.

Usually, 47 was a man of his own intellect. Seeing as he was feeling nothing out of the ordinary, he could've just answered the simple question immediately. However, he let a brief pause roam the room. "I'm fine," he lied, and she knew.

"It all came back too fast, yeah?"

She reached for a cup and poured some tea, spreading the pleasuring aroma across the air. She handed the warm drink to him. Whilst he still kept his vacant stare towards her and the tea. Carefully, he accepted her offer. "I know.. it's a little bit overwhelming."

Though she comforted him, seemed like he didn't take the words quite reassuring. She inhaled a deep breath. "Sorry.. what I mean is, I know it's very overwhelming.. but you'll get through it."

Before taking a sip of his tea, 47 let his eyes, again, on her. Silently searching for something unknown. As he sipped the droplets, Helena couldn't help but to feel a little bit agitated by his sudden gestures and expression. "You handled it quite better," he finally said.

Helena was seen relieved when he finally had something in mind. "Well.. yes.. I most handled the terror from my childhood, to the point where Allan had almost killed me. I manage, 47."

Something she said had struck him, again, with unknown particular reason. He shared the eye contact. "Your childhood--how was it?"

"Not the most heartening, I tell you. Even the memory fragrant of my mother's absence came back to my head.. I was but a child--a very young kid."

She shook her head lightly, scoffed before she chuckled away out of the misery of her story. 47 was regretting his question, but it was to ensure something he was preparing himself towards to.

When the serum was injected, it didn't only revolt his past memory of the first constant's identity, it also brought some of the most unexpected plot. A possibility which he hadn't expected the most. However, it had given the answer of the question he was always wondered.

Of why he could fall for the woman.

However, despite of what he had learned from his past memories, he stayed silent about the truth. And Helena, knew something was off. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing."

There was something, obviously wrong. Even though his expression was always remained calm and unpredicted, the cold and apathetic man always had a reason to be warm to her. Clearly, he was holding away something she wouldn't love to hear.