Chapter 16

Do you ever protest on how slow Internet Explorer is? Don't worry, it's still faster than your crush's reply
-Author

The two figure stood silently with sobs filled out the atmosphere, 47 looked down with arms hanging down. Uncapable of reacting the required treatment. Helena bit her lower lip, "I'm sorry... what I did was foolish--"

"Cereus."

"I won't let that happen ever again... and I understand if you need to--"

At first, he was unsure. Unable to predict his own movement as he gradually makes his hand up to her head, landed softly at her hair. Helena flinched.

"Helena."

She froze as she was unable to perceive his act. Untold, her cheeks tensed. Blood inside her face rushed unmistakably fast. But, she decided to stand still. Thinking he might have a punishment for her to deploy.

"A vow to do better would be sufficient."

Helena leaned her head back, encouraged herself to lock her eyes on his. Staring deeply into the agent's self-conscious. She pressed her lips and nodded abruptly quick. "Y-yeah! I won't let you down."

The noticeable tears dried out on her cheeks still flashed brightly on his sight. Unexpectedly, he raised his gloved hand and swept her cheekbone clean from the substance. Carefully. Her eyes glimmered intensely, even without breaking their eye contact. Helena realized the tempo of her beating heart increased stunningly. 

47's eyes glanced back at her pupils, only to notice her staring. Not wanting him to jump to conclusion, "I want to thank you, again. No one knows what would happen if you hadn't come."

She reached for his hand on her cheek, professionally held it tight. He paused briefly before nodding unintendedly.

"That's what partners do."

She chuckled plainly before she held up her pinky, which made 47 lifted a brow in confusion. She grinned widely, "A sign to always have each other's back. Partner."

Helena's lips grew to a soft yet genuine warm smile, making 47's pupils dilated briefly. He paused momentarily before he sighed, raising his hand and decided to play her game. When their pinkies were locked, Helena chuckled lightly. Amused by his defeat on responding her request.

*****

Helena huffed under her breath after munching her lobster tail. She tapped the fork's edge to the plate lies in front of her. 47 lifted a brow, "You don't like it?"

"You ruined my diet!"

His eyes rolled unamused. She crossed her arms and glanced away, distinguished her annoyance in resemblance. The beach was empty. Obviously enough because two cases of homicide had been reported. By the name Sebastian Javier and Daniella Javier. Their office burned down 'unexpectedly' by accident. Well, the two knew it wasn't just a pure logical accident. Seeing as the two got terminated at the same night.

47 noticed the pale expression pointed out on Helena's face, "Eat. Your stomach has been empty since yesterday."

"Whatever," she mocked.

"That's your punishment."

She glared at him, "I already said I'm sorry!" She abruptly cut the moisturized flesh from her dish and let them enter her mouth. 47 tilted his head after sipping his juice, "For being drunk, not for asking me to sleep with you."

Helena's eyes widened to the maximum. Her tongue was bit by her own chewing, letting the substance inside her mouth choked her down the sore throat. She coughed unimaginably quick after his statement. Immediately, she tapped her chest repetitively and reached for her glass of milk. Swallowing the disturbance lies inside her mouth.