ANB 5

If you ever feel like life's shit, run to fictional world
-Author

Helena stood still on the edge. Crumbs from the structure beneath her feet started to rumble down. She was on the rooftop, gazing her naturally alluring eyes down to the street. The wind blew her hair unconditionally even though she already put her usual bun.

Something inside her wasn't cooperating. The recent encounter she had with the newly given information did her unjustly. It crippled her from inside. Her core felt like a glass shattered into millions. Exaggerated, but nothing would explain it better.

"Helena."

A deep and husky voice caught her ears. Without facing the figure, she cornered a stare to her shoulder. Fists clenched highly. She already knew it was 47 from the way his steps approached her. A hitman's silent approach was of no use to her. Or more likely, a man match from the heavens.

"Not a step closer."

"Why--"

"You know why," she exclaimed, turning around to courageously face the nightmare. Eyes were already too hollow to be producing tears. Instead her eyes were just swollen and red. "You knew, didn't you? From the moment your memory was retrieved--and chooses to hide it."

There was a distance between them. A few meters to be precise. He held his position when Helena retreated back further to the edge when as he tried once to get closer. Heart pounding rapidly, her stomach felt an ache. Coming through her head and chest. From all angles.

47's eyes stayed on hers. Guilt entered his veins. Others may not notice, but Helena didn't find the difficulty in doing so. The wind burst abruptly, not moving them a centimeter. She pressed her lips harder than before. "Why?! Why didn't you tell me?!" she shouted. Cracked her voice in her own bitter saliva. "Why didn't you tell me that I was made to perfect you?!"

"He--"

The moment he opened his mouth, she already left a bullet mark near his shoes. The silenced bullet managed to make him cut his own sentence. He stared at the damaged surface before he lifted his gaze back to her.

Helena, with a smoking gun on her hand, couldn't take it anymore. Eventually, tears were seen running down her cheeks. She scoffed as she shook her head mockingly. "I was a child... taken from my mother as she forced herself to lose me--her daughter--to that filthy facility. An experiment to be designed exactly for you."

It was already hard enough for her to breath, let alone talk. Therefore, 47 didn't dare himself to interrupt her. He might as well let her anger be released.

"As the perfect subject of them all, you can't be controlled. You were overpowered. You lacked vulnerability. That was why you needed a weakness," she said, trembling. Already weak as the moment she made eye contact. "Me... I am your weakness. I exist merely just to petrify you..."

His eyes softened. Whatever she was thinking, 47 knew it wasn't healthy. Judging by how she was staring down from the rooftop earlier before. He noticed she was getting weak and weaker by the moment. Her emotions were uncontrollable.

She sarcastically laughed and gestured her hand. "There you have it. Question answered: why you were able to fall for me. Make sense--it was all planned! The thing between us is nothing than a destined fate, already written from the start."

"Agent Cereus."

The tone made her heart skipped a beat. As if she was being called home. Into his arms back just like the way she always craved and adore. A small flinch was detected, though it didn't shake her enough. "Our bond was no mistake."