Chapter 2: Surprise!

I was just starting to walk home from the park. I spent the entire time thinking about my dilemma. I not only have to choose whether or not I would pursue my destiny as a witch, but also choose a school to attend. Did all the other witches and wizards have to make such a big decision too?

I had just arrived and walking up my drive way when I heard the wings. Already? But it's only been two days.

It was the great grey owl.

Ilvermorny.

Lets see what they have to say.

I was walking towards the owl to get the letter when I noticed that it had two letters. That's odd. I wonder why they sent two letters. I guess I'll just have to see.

I grabbed the letters from the owl and it flew to my roof once again. I see. They are expecting a response.

"I'll be back."

As I looked at the letters, I saw that one was from Ilvermorny and another was from a place I have never heard of before. It was marked as M. A. C. U. S. A. Thats odd. But oh well. I need the information from Ilvermorny first. I couldn't wait anymore and just starting ripping open the envelope from Ilvermorny and started reading.

Dear Miss Y/n,
We were very surprised by your response. We do understand that you are from a No-Mag family tree. What concerns us is that you received an acceptance letter from Hogwarts. You see, Hogwarts is located in Scotland. We headmasters at Wizarding schools are able tell who has magical powers from a certain distance away. And then with our connections, we find out who they are and pay more attention to them to make sure. Then when they come to the age of 11, we invite them to our schools.

As you see it makes sense that you received a letter from us. But Scotland is so far away. There is almost no possible way they could notice you as a witch from across the sea.

As you have noticed, there was a second letter. That letter is from The President of the Magical Congress of  the United States of America. Known as M. A. C. U. S. A. He explains more into the possibilities of why you received a letter from Hogwarts.

And now onto the information of Ilvermorny. Ilvermorny is in Massachusetts. You would be arriving from a Vanishing Cabinet. You would go to the basement of  your local ' high school' on September 1 at 5 pm. There, you would find other witches and wizards going to Ilvermorny and the rest would be explained by a staff member there to help. That is of course if you choose to come to Ilvermorny.
Sincerely,
Agilbert Fontaine
Headmaster of Ilvermorny

Well I got what I asked for. I suppose there is no reason to be surprised. No-Mag? What does that mean? No magic? As in those who are not witches and wizards? I guess that name fits.

Now on to read the second letter. I wonder what is so important that the President had to get involved. Shrugging, I opened the letter and read.

Dear Miss Y/n,

I am Samuel G. Quahog, The President of MACUSA.

It has come to my attention that you, an American citizen, received an acceptance letter to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. This is alarming because of how far it is.

After many hours of thinking and discussing, we here at MACUSA have come upon the reason as to why you were accepted into Hogwarts and why your power was noticed by them. None of the records show that this has happened before anywhere else. It can only  mean one thing.

You are The Most Powerful Witch to ever exist.

You have immense power. So much that other powerful wizards and witches can feel it from across the ocean.

There was a prophesy many years ago about how the most powerful magical being will walk upon us one day. We all thought it would happen centuries and centuries later. Never did we fathom that it could happen sooner then we originally thought.

And so now here we are. You now know why. It is still your choice on which school you want to attend. You were accepted, so it is a choice.

Write back as soon as possible. I would like to meet you and help you along your journey of mastering your powers.
Sincerely,
Samuel G. Quahog,
President of the Magical Congress of the United States of America

I wasn't even paying attention to my surroundings anymore.

Me? Of all people? The Most Powerful Witch to ever exits? But I'm only 11. How is this possible?!

I can't breathe. I'm trying to take deep breaths but nothing is happening. What will all this mean?

Powers? As in more powers that I already have?! What more could there be?

I need to calm down. I need to focus. I need to accept this and move on. But it's too hard. Does this mean I will constantly be needed? Be researched like an animal? This pulls me farther away from the life I want to live out.

Breathe. Just breathe. I can do this. I just need help and a LOT of guidance. And they are offering me just that. They are my only option.

I grabbed a piece of paper and started writing back.

Dear Professor Fontaine,
Thank you very much for the information you have given me. I have read both letters and I plan on making my decision soon. I'm sure I will find someway to contact you later.
Sincerely,
Y/n   Y/l/n

Now that that's over with I need to focus on the really pressing matter. I started shaking as I once again started panicking. This needs to be done.

Dear Mister President,

I was shocked after reading your letter. But since I have no clue about anything magical, I am putting my trust in you. I would very much like to meet you and I would appreciate your help. I still yet to hear from Hogwarts.

This is a very big decision and I would like to know as much information as I can before making it. Whenever you are available to visit, please do.

Once again I am very grateful and can't wait to meet you.
Sincerely,
Y/n   Y/l/n

It was done. I wrote the letter and sealed it. This is going to be my future. I hope it's all worth.

I went out to the owl, both letter in hand and marked for who they were meant for. Once again I talked to the owl.

"Please take Mister President's letter to him first." As the owl took both letters in its beak.

A slight nod from the great grey and he was gone. Now all I have, once again, is to wait.