Chapter 4: Mister President

I was just reading when I heard it.

The unfamiliar, yet magical crack.

I turned to my kitchen towards the sound and I jumped, placing my hand over my heart in surprise as I see him. He was a fairly good looking man. He had light skin, dark short nicely styled hair. And dressed in a nice suit. He had an air of importance and power. I only had one guess as I looked at him.

Samuel G. Quahog. The President of the Magical Congress of the United States of America, also known as MACUSA.

He was finally here. I can get more information.

I stood up immediately.

"Mister President. Hello. Welcome to my home."

He looked at me with surprise, but then he looked calm and relieved.

"Y/n  Y/l/n. Finally nice to meet you." He said reaching out his hand to shake mine. I shook it hesitantly at first but then started feeling calm as I looked and studied him.

He looked surprisingly young. He had a sort of light in his eyes that reminded me a small school boy. He looked genuinely nice.

"Yes same to you. I apologize for my Mom not being here. She is right upstairs. Please excuse me while I go and get her really quick."

He nodded in understanding and I sprinted up the stairs as fast as I could while still trying to look calm.

I opened my moms bedroom door. "Mom. He's here." I said making sure that she knew it was important. It took her awhile to understand who I was talking about but then quickly realized. "Oh" she mouthed and came down with me, trying to loom calm and collected as well.

"President Quahog! What an honor to meet you." and she descended the last of the stairs, reaching out her hand to shake his.

"And same to you Ms. Y/l/n. I've been looking forward to this meeting as soon as I got the letter regarding your daughter."

So far so good.

As Mister President continued on with casualties, I got was impatient. I want to get to the important topics already.

I took a chance and cleared my throat.

"Mister President, I have some questions concerning my going to a Wizarding school."

"Well go right on ahead and ask away." He said cooly. How was he so calm?

"Well I was wondering, if I were to go to Hogwarts, how long would I go to school there?"

"Ah yes. You would go to school there for 7 years. You turn into a legal witch at the age of 17. Meaning you can do magic freely and live your life the way you want. There would be some changes in the rules for you though, of course."

"Of course. Can you give me a few examples?"

"Well as your powers grow and you learn to control them, you might have some outbursts that you can't control, and we would fix it up right away and you wouldn't be in trouble. You see, performing magic under the age of 17 outside of school is prohibited." He said matter of factly.

Interesting. So there are a few pros to my powers. I wonder what the cons are.

"Another question. How would I be able to get to Scotland from here? And how would I be able to afford everything? I'm sure the Wizarding world has different means of money then No-Mag's, right?"

He smirked as if amused. What was so funny? I was simply getting the facts.

"Glad you brought this up Ms. Y/l/n. I would accompany you on a plane trip to London. There you would meet and be handed off to the Minister of Magic, Mr. Cornelius Fudge. There in the Wizarding bank, he would have a safe all set up for you with $500,000 in Wizarding money. You have the same amount in the Wizard bank here in America. Consider it a welcoming gift. From there you would be accompanied by Aurors, sort of like wizard police, while you shopped for school supplies and wait to board the train. They would also help you get onto the platform."

I almost choked.

"$1million total??!! Just for me?! No strings attached? Nothing. Just as a gift for being born?!"

"That is correct. We can't expect you to go around living as the most powerful witch without any money, now can we?" He seemed rather pleased with my reaction.

"I suppose not. Thank you. Thank you very much."

"Of course. Think nothing of it. Now, are there any more questions?"

Any more questions? Now let's see... AHA! That's right. I wanted to know this before traveling anywhere.

"If I were to go to Hogwarts, would I be given help traveling back home for Christmas?"

"Yes. The plane doesn't take long, but there are faster ways of traveling. We will discuss that when the time comes. Anything else?"

Oh yeah there most definitely was something else.

"How many people already know of my existence? And how often will I be expecting the press to bombard me with questions?"

Mister Quahog looked a bit surprised that I even thought of this. But he regained his composure in 2 seconds.

"Well I'm sure that when we leave America and arrive in England, there will be reporters all trying to cover the story of your appearance. And when you leave school for the year. And when you return to school. And I'm sure any time in your life, as long as you exist. They want to know how powerful you are."

Typical. So never a moment to be by myself.
Never a moment to not be judged.
Never again can I even pretend that I'm normal for a second. You gotta love how life just keeps hitting you in the stomach. Over and over again.

"Alright." I tried to say as confidently as I could.
"Well I've made my decision."

I was given surprised looks from Mister Quahog and my Mom. Guess they were expecting me to take longer to decide. But I knew where I wanted to go. The moment I knew where the school was located.

"I want to go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to train under Professor Dumbledore on how to embrace my destiny as The Most Powerful Witch to exist."

✨✨✨✨

A/n

Hi! So there is going to be a lot of detail in the coming chapters. I want to thank you again for sticking with me and continuing to read this.

It's a long process, I know.

But I want to get details out of the way now and I thought I could also have some fun with this.

Thanks once again! Enjoy!