Chapter 8: Ravenclaw

I open my eyes as I wake up to Venus sitting on me.

I look at my watch. 5 am. Well I guess I should start getting ready. My hair takes too long but oh well.

I get out of bed and hop into the shower. When I'm done I put on underwear and a training bra as I go to work on my hair. It seems fine when it's wet. But I need to comb it out and style it before it completely drys.

It takes a while but now my long curly hair is slightly parted to the side and is drying. Time to get dressed.

It's almost 6:30 and the girls are starting to wake up. I just realized that I don't know any of their names. I never introduced myself last night because I was too exhausted.

I open my draws and put on my white button up shirt, pull on my pleated grey skirt, my grey blue rimmed cardigan, and then my new blue Ravenclaw robes, and lastly my black flats. Then of course my small diamond studs. I have dangly earrings but I want to make a good impression on the first day.

The girls are just barley getting to work on their hair. It's so easy for them. They just comb it out while it's dry and all's good. I sometimes want straight hair, but I also love my long curls. It's a love hate situation.

Shoot I almost forgot. I grab the ring on my dresser. It's a simple silver band with a small diamond in the middle. I put it on my ring finger. My mom gave this to me for my 11th birthday. I've never left my room without it since.

As the rest of the girls are getting dressed one of them starts talking.

"Well I know we all didn't get to introduce ourselves last night because well we were all tired, so I was wondering if we could do it now." We just nodded. "Great! I'll go first. I'm Lisa Turpin."

A red head spoke next. "I'm Morag Macdougal."

"I'm Padma Patil" said an Indian girl.

"I'm Mandy Brocklehurst"

"I'm Su Li."

My turn. I don't even know why I have to introduce myself. They all know who I am.

Anyways... "and I'm Y/n Y/l/n. Nice to meet you all." It was actually nice to meet them. The more people I know, the better I guess.

They smiled at me. And then the questions came.

"So what is exactly is the deal with what happened with your sorting?" asked Mandy. And at that all the girls looked at me with curious expressions. I'm sure they were all thinking the same thing.

I simply sat on the chest at the end of my bed and put on a shy smile. I don't know why. But I got nervous. " Oh well, Dumbledore said that I'll be changing houses every week. So for the first week of every month I'm here in Ravenclaw with you guys. And then for the second week Im a Slytherin, and then third week, a Hufflepuff, and fourth week, a Gryffindor."

"Wow!" Su breathed out. " That's crazy. But I guess it makes sense because it's for you."

I blushed. I still not used to being so important. I'm used to being in the back and not getting special treatment.

"I guess so" I said softly.

"Well no matter. We get you first. Just proof that Ravenclaw is the best." Lisa said. We all giggled at that.