The Burrow

Spending this summer with the Weasley's has been a blessing. I didn't have to stay at the leaky cauldron or the Grangers. Although I love Hermione, and her parents are very sweet and kind, they, to be frank, were a little... bland.

And of course going home to my family was out of the question. I still get letters here and there from my brother Michael but not as often as my first year away. They are living they're life. As they should. Mother married that guy she was seeing when I first left and had a kid together. A little girl named Serafina. I had only seen pictures. I never got the opportunity to meet my little sister, even if she is my half sister. Last thing my brother wrote was that it looked liked Mother had replaced me. Whenever he mentioned a sister, Mother immediately thought of Serafina and would still be confused to hear my name. So I never went home. I mean who would want to go home to a family who didn't need or want you around.

It's fine. Everything's fine. Because I've found family within my friends.

The Weasley siblings have pretty much made it clear they see me as another sister.

While sitting in the living room having some lemon lavender tea and reading, the fireplace lit up and one by one the boys started coming home.

Soot and ash went flying all over the sitting area as usual.

The twins were first and Harry followed right behind them. George sat next to me while Ron, Bill, and Charlie came up behind the couch from the kitchen.

"Did he eat it?" Fred asked excitedly, turning to Harry.

"Yeah he did. What was it?" Harry said.

"Ton-Tongue Toffee," Fred answered. "George and I invented them, and we've been looking for someone to test them on all summer...."

We all exploded with laughter. After a few minutes, I was trying to stop laughing so I could take a sip of my tea while Bill and Charlie introduced themselves to Harry.

As we all started calming down and I had my tea in my hands, Arthur appeared out of thin air at Fred's shoulder. He looked livid.

"That wasn't funny, Fred!" he shouted. "What on earth did you give that Muggle boy?"

"I didn't give him anything," said Fred, with an evil grin. "I just dropped it... It was his fault he went and ate it, I never told him to."

"You dropped it on purpose!" roared Arthur. "You knew he'd eat it, you knew he was on a diet—"

"How big did his tongue get?" George interrupted.

"It was four feet long before his parents would let me shrink it!"

That set us all off again.

"It isn't funny!" Arthur shouted. "That sort of behavior seriously undermines wizard-Muggle relations! I spend half my life campaigning against the mistreatment of Muggles, and my own sons—"

"We didn't give it to him because he's a Muggle!" Fred said.

"No, we gave it to him because he's a great bullying git. Isn't he Harry?" George cried out.

"He is Mr. Weasley!" Harry defended.

"That's not the point! You wait until I tell your mother—"

"Tell. Me. What?" A voice came out from behind us. We all turned around to see Molly standing there staring with suspicion at Arthur with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Oh hello Harry dear." Molly said to Harry once she spotted him. Her eyes turned back to Arthur. "Tell me what, Arthur?"

There was silence as Arthur eyed his wife nervously. He obviously had no intention of telling her anything before.

Hermione and Ginny appeared in the kitchen doorway.

"It's nothing Molly." Arthur mumbled. "Fred and George just— but I've had words with them—"

"What have they done this time? If it's got anything to do with Weasley's Wizard Wheezes—"

"How about we all head upstairs to show where Harry is sleeping, right Ron?"

"Yeah let's go.." Ron said nervously, eyeing his mother.

I stood up following Harry and Ron out towards the stairs while Fred and George stayed, about to be lectured by their mother.

"What's Weasley's Wizard Wheezes?" Harry asked sitting on Ron's small twin bed. We were all a little scrunched up in Ron's small attic room.

"Oh Fred and George invented it. They're making these things you can use for pranks or to get out of school and such. They have a few boxes already filled with merchandise." Ron answered. He shuddered a little. "We've been helping them test them out. Not the best experience."

That's true. Ron and I were covered in boils at one point. Thankfully the antidote the twins came up with worked.

"When did you two get here?" Harry nodded to Hermione and I.

"Well I've been here all summer." I answered.

"I got here last week." Hermione replied.

"It's been great not being the only girl in a house full of guys." Ginny sighed dramatically. "Especially since Bill and Charlie are here as well. These two here have been lifesavers." Ginny put her arms over us while we were sitting at the foot of Ron's bed.

"Oh stop being dramatic. It's not that bad with us." said Ron.

"Oh yes it is. I couldn't read or drink tea with you guys without one of you putting something in my cup or wrestling in front of me." Ginny accused. "Mum has had to make sure you guys behaved somewhat for guests."

Even that was pushing it. Just because I was here didn't make it better. I honestly would cheer the boys on or join them in pranks. But there were a few times we were just all sipping tea and spilling the tea about our classmates and such.

"Harry, Ron, do you need help setting up in here or do you just need us go so you can have the room to organize things?" I offered. I know these boys cannot organize to save their lives.

"We'll do it later." Ron quickly brushed my question aside. "Are you guys excited for tomorrow though?!"

Tomorrow was the Quidditch World Cup. Ireland against Bulgaria. Arthur had gotten a really good deal on tickets for all of us to go.

"Yes! This is our first time going! We've never been able to afford it the years before. And watching these professionals! Merlin, it's the dream!" Ginny ranted. As much as Ron and Harry and the rest of the Weasley's loved Quidditch, it was nothing compared to Ginnys love for the sport.

Hermione and I just watched and listened as the three were talking about Quidditch and sharing their hopes for tomorrow. I never really got into the sport. But of course I would support my friends. I usually wear black to the games at school because I don't want to show favoritism for the houses. I mean, I have friends on all the teams. I don't want to start unnecessary fights.

We were all just having fun and laughing with each other until Molly called us down for dinner.

Tomorrow  would be the start of what would come for the next three years.