Chapter 9: Potions

We walked in.

The tables sat three total each. And they were spaced in rows.

There already was someone sitting at the front at one end of a table.

I noticed right away it was Hermione and I smiled and waved at her. She noticed and waved back.

Harry went to go sit next to her while Ron sat on the other side of him.

I decided to sit at the edge of the table next to them so that Ron and I were next to each other with only the space of the row between us.

Lisa, Stephen, and Kevin sat behind me and we all got our books, quills, parchment, and ink out of our bags.

As we were getting ready for the class, someone slid into the seat next to me.

I looked up and who else is it but Draco. Goyle sits on the other side of him. Draco's giving me a smirk as he looks me up and down taking in my uniform.

"So Ravenclaw? I thought after what happened last night, that you would be put into a different house." Draco calmly looked at me with a knowing look and the smirk still on his face.

I finish arranging my books and parchment while I answer. "Oh, it's a little more complicated than that."

I finally look him in his eyes. I just noticed that they are icy grey. Almost mesmerizing.

Snap out of it. "I'm sorry about what happened on the train yesterday. I hope you weren't that embarrassed." I look at him. I really was sorry. It went a little too far. I should've just asked him to leave.

His smirk went to a soft smile as he continued to stare at me. "Yeah well I got over it. I'm sorry you got caught up in the fight."

I couldn't look anymore. The look he gave me was too much. Stop it Y/n. Just get to know him. A friendship is all I want. I break our eye contact as a look down to the books in front of me.

"Yeah. Um... I would really appreciate it if I didn't witness any of that again. It's hard. Trying to keep the peace." I could see out of the corner of my eye that Ron looked up at this and then saw Draco.

"What do you want from her Malfoy?" He practically growled. Oh no. I have to fix this quick.

"Ron it's ok. He's not doing anything wrong." I gave him a pleading look hoping that he'll back down.

Ron was still shooting daggers at Draco with his eyes. Harry turned around and caught up with the situation. He looked into my eyes and his face soften, understanding what I wanted.

"Ron, not in front of Y/n. Save it for later. They're friends. Don't make her choose." Harry quickly said. I looked at him gratefully.

Ron looked at me and his face relaxed after he saw the pleading look I was giving. I don't want to hear them fight. Do it away from me. I can't stop you guys. Just not in front of me.

"Fine." Ron finally sighed. And then he turned to Harry, whispering about something.

I turned back to Draco. He looked at me a little mad, but just like Harry and Ron, understood what I wanted. He gave me a soft knowing look and nodded.

Thank god. I don't want to hurt either one of them while protecting the other.

At that moment the door slammed open, making me jump a little. I immediately turned to see Professor Snape walking to the front.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class." He had a rather raspy, condescending voice. "I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few who select the predisposition." he looked at Draco at this.