30. Despair Bear

(3rd person)

In her classroom, (Name) watches as her and Marinette's father Tom, teaches her class how to make pastries, "I'll let you in on a little secret. I always add cream to the chocolate to make the ganache extra velvety. Then I let it infuse for one minute." Tom instructs the students as he mixes the bowl in his hands.

"I love it when your dad comes to class and gives us pastry lessons!" Alya whispers to (Name) and Marinette, making them both chuckle, "So does he!" (Name) replies, looking over at her Dad. A little ways away she could hear Chloe groan, "Urgh! Do they seriously think I'm going to get my hands dirty, cooking like some maid? If I want a croissant, I'd just make my butler get it for me." Chloe complains and Rose looks over at her, "He's not making croissants, Chloe. Those are macarons!" Rose informs her but Chloe just rolls her eyes.

Tom smiles, "It's all done with a flick of the wrist. But you mustn't go too fast or you might splash yourself!" Everyone watches closely as he shows them how to properly stir the mixture.

"And soil my Chenal pants? Who's he kidding?" Chloe exclaims making (Name) look over at her, taking her eyes off her father who shows the class the finished mixture and while everyone's attention is on Tom, (Name)'s eyes narrow as she watches Chloe call someone on her phone and whispers with a wicked smile on her face.

"Now we need to chill it for half an hour. (Name)?" Tom calls for the girl, and she snaps her attention back to the man, "Yes, dad?"

Tom holds the bowl out to her, "Could you put this in the school cafeteria fridge for me, please? In the meantime, I'm going to show your friends how to whip up egg whites!" He asks and she takes the bowl with a smile on her face, "Of course!" She tells him and as she walks out the door, Tikki pops up, "Mmm, can I get a taste?" The kwami asks as she licks her tiny lips, eyeing the bowl down.

"Not yet, Tikki. Control that sweet tooth of yours." (Name) jokes, making Tikki giggle but they both gasp in surprise as the fire alarm goes off.

"Hide, Tikki!" (Name) ushers the kwami into her purse just as her class walks out the door.

"Quietly, students. Single file line, please. Just keep moving." Miss Bustier tells the class as Chloe walks by (Name) with a smug look. Tom walks up to his daughter Marinette beside him, "I hope it's only a fire drill." He states worryingly and (Name) glares at the back of Chloe's head.

A few minutes later all the students stand in rows in the courtyard as Mr. Damocles explains the false situation to the student, "So, some smart aleck had the bright idea of calling the fire department." He states and the students gasp shocked, "Somebody amongst us thought it would be funny to waste the fire captain's valuable time." He gestures to the fire captain beside him.

"Yes, in fact, if you wouldn't mind I..." The fire captain starts but is cut off by Mr. Damocles, "Hold on! I want the guilty party to apologize to you."

"I'm sure it was Chloe. I saw her on her phone right before the alarm went off!" (Name) whispers to Marinette and Alya, but Alya shakes her head sadly, "You seeing her make a phone call isn't solid proof." She tells her making (Name) huff.

"Mr. Damocles, sir?" Chloe's voice pipes up from behind them, making everyone turn to her.

"Yes, Miss Bourgeois?" Mr. Damocles asks, and Chloe grins, "I saw a student leaving the classroom right before the alarm went off. It must have been her." She tells him, and

Mr. Damocles eyes narrow, "Really? Who was it?"

"Let's see if she'll come clean." Chloe draws out playfully, before looking (Name) right in the eyes, "What do you say, (Name) Dupain-Cheng?" She asks, making all the students gasp in shock, and Mr. Damocles owl-like eyes snap to said girl, "(Name), do you have something to tell the firefighter captain?" He asks and (Name) whips around to defend herself but Adrien speaks up from beside her, "Uhh, wait. Excuse me, sir! It couldn't possibly be (Name). Why would she disrupt her own father's cooking class?" He asks and Marinette speaks up too, "And I know for a fact that (Name) didn't even have her phone on her when she went out of the classroom." She defends and (Name) gives them both a grateful smile.