29. Glaciator

(3rd person)

A bus races through the streets with no sign of stopping, the brakes broken, and the bus driver and their passengers scared senseless. Their only hope is the two heroes that land on the roof.

"Ready, Chat?" The red clad heroine asks her companion, who smiles over at her, "I'm always ready, my lady. Who needs brakes when they've got us?" He tells her cockily before he tosses his staff to her and she jumps under the bus, attaching her yo-yo to it, and wraps her around the staff as well. After the bus passes above her, she flips back onto the bus and throws the staff back to Chat. He extends his staff in between two lampposts. The bus is about to hit three civilians but luckily the lampposts, staff, and yo-yo all manage to stop it from happening.

"So, uh, Ladybug?" He starts, catching her attention as they help the passengers off the bus, "What would you say if you and I met up tonight for a little dinner? Rooftop style?" He asks with a smile and she tilts her head, "For dinner? As superheroes?"

Chat rubs his neck, "Well, uh, yeah. That's right. We're only together when we're saving Paris. I mean, wouldn't you actually like to get to know one another?"

Ladybug blushes, but shakes her head, remembering about the plans she already made with her friends, "I... That's so thoughtful of you, but I can't. I have to, uh, I already have plans with some friends." She tells him with a sad smile.

Before Chat can reply the Bus driver steps out of the bus and shakes hands with him and Ladybug, giving them a thank you. Turning back to his lady, chat speaks again, "Well, if your plans end early, come and join me." He offers and she smiles, "We'll see." Ladybug uses her yo-yo and leaves, "I'll be waiting, my lady." Chat calls to her as he smiles at her for a moment before he leaves too.

Later that day, Sabine, Tom, (Name) and Marinette are just finishing dinner.

"It was delicious, sweetheart!" Sabine compliments her husband as (Name) cleans up the dinner dishes.

"And as a dessert...Ta-da!" He exclaims as he places a cake on the table. The girls look at the beautiful cake in awe before shaking their heads, "Uh, no thanks, Dad." Marinette tells in and (Name) nods in agreement. Tom looks at them confused, "But isn't this your favorite?" He asks the girls, and (Name) answers him this time, "And it still is, Dad!" She tells him as she kisses Tom's cheek, "But..." She then kisses Sabine's cheek, "I told you we're going out with friends. We're gonna get ice-cream at André's—" (Name) tells them and they both squeal, "Oh, Sweetheart's Ice Cream!"

"That was where your father asked me—" Sabine starts but Marinette cuts her off, "To marry him."

Sabine blush happily, "He hid the ring in a scoop of vanilla ice-cream."

"And you almost swallowed it too!" (Name) pipes up as she throws her bag on.

"They say that couples who eat ice-cream at André's will stay in love forever." Sabine gushes as the girls head to the door as Tom suddenly has a thought, "By the way, (Name), Marinette, who are you getting ice-cream with?" He asks and both girls stop walking when they hear his question.

"Oops, gotta go!" Marinette giggles as she pulls (Name) out the door, "Don't wanna be late, see you later, guys!" She calls out and their parents just watch them go.

Adrien sits waiting at the dinner table for his father, his leg bouncing in irritation. He had been sitting there for an hour and a half waiting. Adrien sighs before he takes out his phone to text Nino, then he checks the time.

Nathalie walks into the room, "There's no point in waiting for your father, Adrien. He'll be eating in his office." She informs him and Adrien huffs and stands up from his chair, quietly angry, "Then what's the point of keeping me here if he's never gonna show up, Nathalie?" He asks before he walks away to go to his room.