20. The Pharaoh

(3rd person)

(Name) and Marinette sit at their computer watching the latest Ladyblog video.

"Don't blink now, 'cause we're live from Paris. Yo peeps, Alya here, bringing you the one and only Ladyblog." A helicopter flies by, "Huh? What is that?" Ayla questions as Ladybug flies by, hanging on to her yo-yo, tied to a helicopter, as she passes by she drops a book. "Ladybug in action. Hang on 'cause we're going for a ride." Alya runs over and picks up the book, "Freak out! What you got here is no ordinary book, it's a tenth grade history book. And I should know, 'cause I've got this very same book. Could our very own Ladybug be a high school student, in real life? Whoa!" Alya says before the video ends.

Marinette looks at (Name) and Tikki before covering her face, "I told you two from day one, I'm a total klutz!" She says groaning. (Name) laughs, "I already knew that beforehand."

Tikki shakes her head, "What's done is done; we can't change what happened. We can only move forward. Alya must not find out who you are. You know how persistent she can be with her blog totally dedicated to Ladybug."

"But how? Maybe I'm not cut out for this whole Ladybug thing. Maybe (Name) should take over fully." Marinette suggests, making (Name) frown.

Tikki looks at her, "That's your choice, but you two are the chosen ones, Marinette. It will all work out, trust me. Everyone has a past they can learn from." Tikki then types on the computer, bringing up a page on Egyptian pharaohs. "This will show you why."

(Name) leans forward scrolling through the webpage, "An exhibition at the Louvre? On the pharaoh Tutankhamun? What does that have to do with Marinette's book and Alya?" She asks, confused.

Tikki looks over at the girl, "You two must persuade Alya to go there with you, and make sure she brings the book. You'll tell her you found out something about Ladybug." Tikki orders.

(Name) raises an eyebrow, "At the museum?" She says skeptically, though she was curious about the history of Ladybug and the Miraculous.

Tikki smiles at both girls, a knowing gleam in her eye, "You'll see!"

"Well, I don't know how we're gonna convince Alya to go to an Egyptian exhibit, much less convince her that I'm not Ladybug! What if she finds out we're both Ladybug??" Marinette stresses.

"She will be interested, and so will you. Promise." Tikki says simply as (Name) pulls out her phone to call Alya.

(Name), Alya and Marinette get off a bus and make their way to the Louvre Museum.

"Can you believe it? All I gotta do is find out who this history book belongs to and BAM, I figure out Ladybug's true identity! I'm so on this one!" Alya exclaims to the girls. (Name) gives her a look, "You really think you could figure out who Ladybug is from a textbook that every high school student owns?"

Alya grins at her, "Yep. 'Cause our school is the only school that uses that book! HA! So, all I gotta do is find out which girl in tenth grade lost her history book last week. There are forty-four girls, not counting myself--"

"Forty-three! Not count you... or us." Marinette cuts in and Alya elbows Marinette, "Hmm, yesterday somebody didn't have their textbook in class." She says to the girls, "You two had to share, the question is who didn't have it?"

Marinette makes eye contact with (Name) before saying, "Uh-- I left it at home. You know how I always forget my stuff."

Alya looks at both girls for a bit before laughing, "Just messing with you two, Marinette. Of course I'll only drop you from my investigation when you bring your history book back to class." She says as they walk into the exhibit. They all marvel at it. Then a man runs between Alya and (Name) carrying a folder full of papers. He pushes past them and trips, papers flying everywhere. His medallion falls, and he picks it up.