2. Origins Pt. 2

(3rd person)

Waking up the next day was hard on (Name), Marinette had already gone downstairs by the time (Name) woke up. Coming down from her bed, she sits down at the computer, putting on the news to see if there were any changes.

There on the screen was Nadja Chamack again giving an update on the stone beings, "The stone beings are scattered all over Paris, for the time being they're showing no signs of movement, police have blocked off all the areas." The screen then switches to the Mayor doing a press conference regarding the stone beings, "We won't stone until we find a way to get these people back to their normal selves, but for now we're not making much headway." The mayor states sadly. The news goes back to Nadja Chamack as she continues the news cast, "Paris is now relying on our new guardian angels, Lady and Chat Noir, to save us all. Our lives depend on them." Nadja says before (Name) turns off the screen.

'I can't believe Marinette had quit like that, she didn't even try to fix her mistake.' (Name) thinks bitterly looking over to the vanity drawer she had put the box containing the Ladybug Miraculous. After coming in from the roof last night, she had seen Marinette laying in bed, she didn't know if Marinette was asleep or not but she didn't care at the time. She had put the box in the drawer hoping to push the responsibility away for the night. Standing up and walking over to the vanity, she looked at herself in the mirror. The face of her sister looking back at her, The bluebell eyes, medium-length dark hair, small nose and pale skin.

'No. That's my face.' She thought, sometimes she disliked the fact her and Marinette were identical. She wanted to be her own person, and not be mistaken for Marinette.

Sighing, she pulled the box out of the drawer. She looks down at the beautiful box that rested now in her hand. She didn't know what to do, try to convince Marinette to be Ladybug again, or try and find some else more worthy. Setting the box down on the vanity again, she begins getting ready for the day.

Finally done getting ready for school she slips on her bag about to head to school when she stops. Her eyes going back to the box. Deciding it would be better to bring it with her, she slips it into her bag before walking down the stairs. (Name) sees Marinette and her father sitting at the table eating breakfast. Her Dad greets her as she walks over to the fruit bowl to grab an apple to eat, "Good Morning, Kiddo, did you sleep well?" Tom says to his daughter as she munches on her apple. (Name) gives him a tired smile before replying, "It was okay, I think I'm gonna head out now." She says giving him a peck on the cheek going to the door to go down to the bakery. She spares Marinette a glance, seeing her with her head down, quietly eating her cereal.

"Okay, Kiddo, Have a great day at school and stay safe." Tom says to his daughter, he only receives a smile as she walks out.

Entering the bakery she says goodbye to her mom, and begins her short walk to school. Not long later she meets Alya at the door of the school. "Hey (Name), right?" Alya asks, trying to see which of the Dupain-Cheng twin was with her.

"Yeah, Good Morning." (Name) says lamely. Alya pats her shoulder apologizing, "Sorry about that (Name), you and Marinette look so much alike, It's hard to tell you apart." (Name) only waves her off, "It's fine, it happens all the time. The best way to tell is Marinette styles her hair in pigtails and likes to wear pink." She informs the girl beside her.

"Speaking of Marinette, where is she?" Alya asks looking around for the pigtail girl, "I want to talk to her about Ladybug and my new blog." Alya says. (Name) flinches at Alya saying Marinette and Ladybug in the same sentence, but Alya doesn't notice. "I left before Marinette, She'll probably be here soon." (Name) says, before hearing a commotion over by one the benches that line the edge of the school courtyard causing her to look over. A swarm of people were crowding around Ivan, bothering him about the events of the day before. He just sits there listening to them go on about him turning into a villain, looking at whoever speaks. (Name) notices that his eyes catch Mylene's before the shy girl looks away, "I'm sorry, I wasn't myself." Ivan tells them shamefully, putting his head down.