1. Origins Pt. 1

(3rd person)

"Many centuries ago, magic jewels bestowing extraordinary powers were created. These were... the Miraculous. Throughout history, heroes have used these jewels for the good of the human race. Two of these Miraculous are more powerful than the others; the earrings of the Ladybug, which provide the power of creation; and the ring of the Black Cat, which grants the power of destruction. According to legend, whoever controls both these jewels at the same time, will achieve absolute power."

"I want that absolute power Nooroo." A deep voice suddenly says closing a brooch in their hand, hiding a picture of a beautiful blonde woman inside, "I must have those miraculous."

"But nobody knows where these Miraculous are!" Stated a soft spoken butterfly like being.

The man speaks again, a smug smirk on their face, "I found you though, my little Nooroo." He strokes the brooch, "Your Miraculous, remind me of its powers again."

The purple being immediately answers their master, "The Moth brooch allows you to give someone their own super power and to make that person your devoted follower."

"And when it comes to luring superheroes, what could be better than creating supervillains?" The man states sinisterly, looking at the little being. The being grows concerned, "But master, the Miraculous are not meant to be used for evil purposes!"

The man becomes irritated, "I must have this absolute power!" He yells, stomping his foot in anger, scaring off the white butterflies that rested around the room, "Your Miraculous is in my control! I am your master now, and you must obey me" He says pointing to the being as it gazes in terror at the man. It then bows to the man, and with its soft voice, it submits, "Yes, master."

The man then attaches the brooch to his collar, "Nooroo..." He summons.

"Dark wings, RISE!"

The man is surrounded by the butterflies as the purple being is sucked into the brooch, a few seconds after the man bursts out of the swarm of butterflies transformed into a dark purple suit, the brooch resembling butterfly wings, a silver mask covers his face all the way to his neck.

He stands in front of a bright window and laughs evilly, "From this day on, I shall be known as......."

"Hawkmoth."

Meanwhile, An alarm rings, in a peaceful home over top of a bakery.

"Marinette! (Name)! Your alarms have been going off for 15 minutes, you two are going to be late for your first day back at school." A woman's voice yells up from downstairs.

"Got it, Mom." A groggy voice answers the woman crawling out from under the covers of the bed under the loft, while the other girl on the loft groans getting up too.

Climbing down from the loft bed, the girl stretches, giving out a 'Good Mornin Mari' to the identical girl that's fixing her signature pigtails. The girl responds with a 'good morning' and a smile before opening the hatch door to their room. "Coming..." They both say, finally replying to their mom, as they both make their way downstairs to the kitchen where the woman from before waits. She smiles at her daughters as they give her a peck on the cheek before returning to making breakfast. The girls sit down across each other at the small island that sits four.

"I bet you anything that Chloe will be in our class again." The girl with the pigtails states grimly. Their mother, Sabine, turns around stirring a pot, intrigued by the statement, "Four years in a row? Is that even possible?"

The other girl pipes in sarcastically, "Definitely. Lucky us." The look on her face is bland, as she looks out the window that's to her right.

"Don't say that. It's the start of a new year. I'm sure everything will be just fine" Their mother assures them while smiling, trying to cheer up her girls. Both the girls share a look before nodding, thinking of their mothers words, and returning to their breakfast. As Marinette goes to put the coco back she bumps the bowl of fruit causing a chain reaction leading to the milk pouring onto her sister. Her eyes go wide as she looks at her unimpressed sister. Their mother already rushing to the girl to help dry her off.