05

You were waiting in the cafe for fifteen minutes when Kiyoko finally arrived. She looked around the place until she spotted your head at a table by the window. She then walked over and sat right across from you.

"Sorry I came a little late," she said, "Tanaka and Noya wouldn't leave me alone."

"No worries!" you said, waving your hands in front of your face.

The third year smiled and let out a small laugh. She thought it was cute that you would always get nervous and flustered whenever you two met up. You had always been that way, even when you guys had play dates as kids, but she had never gotten used to it. Still, it made her happy to know that you hadn't changed after all these years.

"So," you continued, "what is it that you want to tell me?"

"Well, it's kinda complicated. You see-" Kiyoko had stopped talking mid sentence.

"Is something wrong?" you asked.

She appeared to be looking at something behind you. You were about to turn around when she started talking again.

"You see, me and Yachi were planning on making a surprise for the team. Like something to encourage them to try their best, you know? I was looking for you when school ended but I couldn't find you. You weren't with us during lunch either so I thought to ask you now."

"Oh... is that it? You said it was something important..." you said, trailing off," but yeah, I guess I can help. I am a manager too!"

"Good, I have some ideas for what we can do. Hold on, let me write these down."

She pulled out a notebook from her bag and started writing down something. When she finished, she gave the paper to you.

"I found a banner while cleaning the other day, so I thought we could wash it and show it to the team. Maybe give them some words of encouragement?" she said shyly.

"That sounds great!" you tell her.

You look down at the page that she gave you and realize that she had written something else on it.

Someone's watching us. They're nearby too so I can't tell you yet.

You stared at the paper. How did you not notice that someone was watching you? They had to come in after you came since the place was empty when you arrived. Who is it? It sucked that they were behind you so you couldn't check who it was. Maybe you could ask Kiyoko later.

Wow! Kiyoko's so cool, noticing something like that! You think.

"So, does Yachi know about this?" you ask as if nothing happened.

"Yep, we were just waiting for your answer."

"Well then, let's start working on this at lunch tomorrow!"

"Okay," Kiyoko said as she took her notebook back.

"Since we're here already, can we get something to eat?" You asked. "I'm so hungry!"

"I'm fine with that."

You both decide on what you want to eat and go order your food. Well, Kiyoko orders it for the both of you since you get nervous in these situations. After a couple of minutes of waiting, your food is ready and you start eating. The both of you then have a conversation about your old school and how your family is doing.

"Did you have any friends there?" the raven haired girl said.

"I had a couple. There was this one tall, silver haired dude in my class. We were pretty close, I think."