08

I forgot i have standardized testinggggg... fgmvbvfdsjh

You were a bit excited today. You usually don't really care about practice matches, or the club, you're just there because Kiyoko is. Today was different, though. The practice match with Nekoma was today. Apparently there was another one with them before, but that was before you transferred.

Still, you couldn't wait to see how good your old school was at volleyball.

I wonder if I know anyone? You thought as you made your way to the gym.

When you entered, you saw that no one was there yet, not even your team. It was just Takeda and Ukai having a conversation with each other.

Confused, you walked over to them and sat on the nearby bench. You could have sworn that you saw some of the boys inside already.

After a couple of minutes of sitting and daydreaming, you saw some of the guys start to enter.

Finally! You thought. It was starting to get awkward with you being the only student in the gym.

"Hello, Y/N," Suga greeted.

"Hi Suga..." you said.

You weren't entirely sure if you were comfortable with him, but he seemed like a nice person. He didn't seem like the type to look at someone in that way, so you thought that you imagined it or got the wrong idea.

"This is your first time seeing a practice match, right?" he asked.

"Yep!"

"How are you feeling?"

"Well I'm not the one playing, so pretty good."

"That's good to hear. Anyways, I gotta go start warming up. Nice talking to you!"

"Bye!"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I got the wrong idea about him, you thought.

Soon, more people started entering the gym. In about five minutes, the whole team was there, waiting for Nekoma to show up.

"Are you nervous, Y/N?" Noya asked.

"Actually I'm-"

"Of course they're not, they're not playing." Tsukishima interrupted.

"So what!" Noya said, "They've never seen us do a practice match! They don't know what we do, they might be nervous!"

Tsukishima just scoffed and walked away.

"Haha..." Noya started again, "Anyways, don't worry. We're gonna win this thing!"

"Yeah!" Tanaka joined, "we'll win this for you!"

You couldn't help but laugh at them. Who knew they would be so riled up for something like this?

Slowly, almost all heads were turned in your direction. Your laugh was so beautiful, it was mesmerizing. The boys were wondering what that pleasant noise was, and once they realized it was coming from you, they never wanted it to end. It was so enchanting that they could listen to it forever.

(We all know you laugh like a demon irl, tho)

They quickly turned away once you finished laughing, not wanting to make you feel weird for having them stare at you. The last thing they would want is to make you feel uncomfortable.

"You don't have to win," you said, "just have fun! I like watching you guys play."

They could feel their hearts skip a beat. You just praised them, so that had to mean that you loved them too, right?