3

Catelyn Stark in Renly Baratheon's camp wasn't what Enith expected. Enith being there was not what Lady Stark expected either. From what Enith was told Catelyn had been there at least a week or so before she came, having tried to make Stannis and Renly join forces against the Lannisters. If she saw Stannis then he couldn't have had Arya. Enith hopped from her horse and entered the large tent where Renly, Loras, Margarey, Catelyn, and Brienne of Tarth were meeting.

"The man with me is Joffrey's watchdog. He needs to be rid of before I can speak."

"Loras, deal with the Kingsguard."

The knight left the tent and Enith breathed a sigh of relief. The relief was short lived as a man outside of the tent entered, claiming that Littlefinger had arrived. The young woman glared when Baelish walked in. His signature smirk graced his face when he locked eyes with her.

"You followed me?"

"I am simply acting independent. Two ravens were received after you left and I was given the fastest horse to try and catch up in time. One from Lannister watchers about our Young Wolf and the other from the Citadel in regards to you, Lady Snow."

"Why are you here, Lord Baelish?"

"King Joffrey is not pleased at Robb Stark's victories and will not show mercy, of course I can be swayed to the side of the victor. If you were to march on the capital, I swear to you I would help. Tyrion hopes to make an exchange of good faith in hopes to quell the war."

"Which would be?" Catelyn asked.

"Your prisoner for ours. Jaime Lannister for Arya and Sansa Stark."

Baelish never tore his eye from Enith, daring her to say that they didn't have Arya. A box with Ned's bones was brought inside the tent. Another act of good faith on Tyrion's part. So, Ned could be buried in the crypts of Winterfell where he belonged. Enith's gaze never tore from Baelish as Catelyn asked if that was why she came.

"I don't know what Tyrion thought he would achieve by attempting to send you ahead of me or by telling me of Ser Jaime's capture but even you must have known I won't lie, Lord Baelish. Sansa stays at the Red Keep, Lady Stark. Arya, we thought to have been taken by one of Renly's spies. Clearly mistaken."

"Arya is missing?!"

"Since after the execution."

Renly cleared his throat and addressed the man still standing at the tent flap. "Escort Lord Baelish to where he can stay for the night."

Most left the tent, leaving Enith with Brienne, Catelyn, and Renly. Once again, Enith's pacing started. This time Godswood paced with her. Arya was still gone. It was a matter of should Enith go back to King's Landing. There wasn't much good she could do there but Sansa was still there. Someone needed to make sure she wasn't alone. Wind blew in the tent causing Enith to stop in her tracks.

There wasn't a flap open to allow any wind inside. Enith gasped as she turned, watching a shadowy figure stab Renly. Blood poured from his mouth before she or the other two women could move. Godswood barked after the figure before they had the chance to shut him up. The barks alerted the knights outside. They came in, swords unsheathed, and prepared to take Brienne. Enith and Catelyn both shouted that it was not her. Godswood jumped on the knight closest to Brienne.

"Follow Godswood and run!" Enith shouted.

The woman and dire wolf were out the tent in an instant. Catelyn and Enith, not being accused of anything, quickly but calmly saddled horses and left— Enith making sure the third horse for Brienne stayed with her. It was awful to think but in a way she welcomed Renly's death. It freed her from having to return to King's Landing.