End

The air was tense between the Unsullied and the retreating Lannister men. Northerners had been called off. The scent of smoke lingered in King's Landing as the fires started to slowly put themselves out. Sansa and Eddard were on Shadow, who was carefully balancing on one of the buildings trying not to topple it. Daenerys sat across from them atop of Drogon. Jon and Tyrion, the center of everyone, and the only people keeping the scene from erupting.

They had gotten Daenerys to stop setting the sitting ablaze but weren't having luck convincing her that the city was not her enemy. Eddard quickly slipped from Sansa's grasp and slid down Shadow's tail to reach the ground. He ran to Gendry who scooped him up. Jon watched Daenerys' eyes flit to Eddard and soften for a moment.

"Daeny," Jon said. "Don't do this, destroy your people. Your family's people. Cersei is who you are against not everyone else."

"Everyone else that sat by and didn't throw their support."

"They didn't know you," he tried to reason. "Until you came to Winterfell no one even knew if you were able to provide for them. The North came to see your resources, let the South have the same chance."

Daenerys got off of Drogon— Sansa hesitated but eventually did the same. The doors to the Red Keep opened. Enith shivered, with wide eyes, as she stood in front of everyone. Her hands were bound with thick rope, crown nowhere in sight. No one could tell if the blood running from her temple down her face was hers or not. Jon made a step but stopped as Enith yelled.

"Don't! Th-there's an archer. Cersei says if you move too suddenly... if you continue to burn King's Landing, she'll kill me. An arrow through my heart before you could even reach me."

Jon nodded and returned both hands to his sides and away from his sword. "What does she want?"

"She requests a council with the Dragon Queen and her advisors, with the Warden of the North and his advisors... to discuss your surrender."

Daenerys scoffed, but not too loud as if fear her disapproval would cause Enith to die. "Our surrender? Tell Cersei we will agree to her council. Does she have any other demands?"

Enith shook her head.

"Alright," Daeny said. "We are slowly entering the Keep."

The others followed behind her with slow and calculated steps as Enith led them into the castle. Faces contorted in anger at seeing Cersei stand in front of the throne— a few Lannister men that they thought surrendered now stood by her.

"Your weapons," Cersei said passively.

Her men dropped their swords in the center of the room first. On good faith, Gendry took out his axe and placed it in the pile— Jon followed suit. Grey Worm, Brienne, Ser Davos relinquished their weapons next. With much hesitation, the few Unsullied, Dothraki, and Northernmen in the room let go of their swords as well. Cersei extended a hand.

"Jaime."

He squared off his shoulders and stood firm by Brienne. He began to pull out his sword but Cersei chuckled and told him no.

"I want you here, by my side," she said but he didn't move. "Jaime. Magic is madness, you can't tell me you still want to serve your Mad Queen who hears ringing. Hears death."

The smallest change flickered across Jaime's face. He shook off Brienne's hand and ignored the dirty looks of everyone as he walked to Cersei. She smiled wickedly and looked at the others again.

"Enith." Her eyes moved from the woman to Jon. "I want her by me, so you think twice before attempting betrayal."

Tension exuded from her family as Enith slowly shuffled towards Cersei. Cersei looked at Jaime and then nodded her head in the direction of Grey Worm. Jaime removed his sword and used it to direct not just Grey Worm, but all of the men, further to the side and away from the pile of weapons. Lannister men moved to stand behind every one of them. His job done, Jaime moved to stand in front of the closed doors— effectively trapping them all inside the throne room.